What are you getting for your 2 years old's?

(42 Posts)
InSurrey Mon 18-Nov-13 21:32:14

Really am panicking as have nothing for her! I cant think of anything either.

What is every one getting their 2 year olds? It doesn't matter if it's a "boy" or "girl" toy as dc seems to have interest in both

TIA!

neontetra Fri 22-Nov-13 19:53:38

Dd will be 20 months. Have got her the IKEA kitchen and some of their utensils and play food. Have also got her a Peppa sticker album, a couple of books, Milkybar buttons, a tub of crayons from Wilkos and a nightlight in the shape of a rabbit (our friend has one of these and DD loves it. DH has got her an antique child's chair for the lounge (more for him than her really - he loves period stuff). DM is getting her the Peppa playset of house and figures, DMIL the little IKEA table and chairs and a tea set; DB a better keyboard than she has.

Callmecordelia Fri 22-Nov-13 15:02:56

My DD was a month off her second birthday last Christmas. Her main present was a play kitchen with play food and pots and pans, and it really is the gift that keeps on giving. This week it is mainly a café. grin

marfisa Fri 22-Nov-13 14:31:44

Oh, and I forgot to say, books from the Book People!
- a Julia Donaldson book
- an Alfie set (Shirley Hughes)
- an Emily Brown set (Cressida Cowell)
- a Blue Kangaroo book (Emma Chichester Clark)

... all of these are authors that I love.

marfisa Fri 22-Nov-13 14:28:41

My DS is 2.5 and already has loads of toys that he inherited from his older brother, so he doesn't really need anything new. blush He has lots of Lego Duplo and a toy kitchen with velcro wooden fruit and plays with those all the time. He also loves his soft-bodied baby doll and toy buggy.

Nonetheless for Christmas he is getting:
- balance bike (inherited from his brother so I won't actually have spent any money on it)

- this pirate ship as he is pirate-mad:
www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9386732.htm
It was £20 when I bought it but the price seems to have gone up again.

- combined with this pirate toy pack as the pirate ship above has no treasure chest (yes, I overthink these things!)
www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Neverland-Pirates-Never-Treasure/dp/B00BQYR0MA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385130231&sr=8-1&keywords=neverland+treasure+pack

- and because he is a big Thomas fan, a big Thomas Trackmaster set (the battery operated kind) that I got off Ebay. I still haven't set it up yet so I hope the bits are all there.

In his stocking: a bouncy ball, a soft toy, a hexbug (since his older brother has them and he covets them too), an aquabot (like a hexbug but it swims in the bath), a punching balloon.

This is more than enough but I would love to get this indoor basketball set for him:
www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Outdoor-and-Sports/Sports/Little-Tikes-Attach-N-Play-Basketball(0087068)?searchPosition=1
I know he would love it, but I always go over the top at Christmas and DH goes mad. I'm waiting to see if ToysRUS has any more big sales (apparently there was a 20% off one recently but I missed it).

BearsInMotion Fri 22-Nov-13 13:07:20

A pillow pet
a monster outfit
books
Happyland Bus and playground
Puzzles

Very tempted by a dolls house from ASDA!

EmGee Fri 22-Nov-13 12:59:16

Not quite 2 but not far off at 21 months:

Mini micro scooter plus the seat attachment - expensive but an investment; hopefully one that will last!

Stocking:
Leapfrog teapot and cake set
Musical instruments
Books (Dogger by Shirley Hughes, personalised Peppa Pig book, mini books in box)
Orchard Toys game (Macdonald Loto)
Wooden chunk of cheese and threading mouse
Sunglasses
Hairclips
Fairy wings and wand
2 x Peppa Pig dvds
Peppa Pig cutlery set
Peppa Pig cup

Her elder sister is getting a doll's house plus furniture so some of those bits will be joint presents.

2.2yo ds wants 'a cake' so I will make him a cake and I've got some books for him too. Stocking fillers will be a flannel, socks, tights, soap, toothbrush, chocolate coins, Satsuma.

Tallulaxx Fri 22-Nov-13 12:46:50

Dolls house/budkins
play till
wooden garage
vtech laptop
melissa and doug piano
melissa and doug puzzles
books.

We got ELC kitchen as was £50 knocked down to £25

Lovely ! Thanks

wigglesrock Thu 21-Nov-13 18:15:02

I got my 2 year old the IKEA toy kitchen for her 2nd birthday. It's been brilliant. She's 2.9 now & it's been played with constantly by her & her older sisters smile .

For Christmas she's getting :
etchasketch
cash register
doll
Peppa Pig figures
Soft toy from Disney

Misty9 Thu 21-Nov-13 18:09:07

Infantastic red wooden one smile on amazon I think

Can I ask which make of toy kitchens you all are getting please ?

cwtchability Thu 21-Nov-13 15:56:52

DD is getting a wooden balance bike, duplo, craft stuff and some hotwheels cars as she is always stealing her big brothers ones

Misty9 Wed 20-Nov-13 23:40:54

Dc turned 2 in september and got wooden train set and table as main present.
For Xmas we've got him wooden kitchen and food etc, will also get Thomas box set of books. He'll get loads from his many grandparents so we have to reign it in a bit.

I'd love to buy him: latch board, M and d clock, scooter, more books, baking stuff, Thomas bag, clothes, Fisher Price record player, art stuff...but we'll see what tat he gets smile

notso Wed 20-Nov-13 15:23:45

I have a DS who will be 3 in December and a DS who will be 20 months isn't Christmas. Between them for the birthday and Christmas they will be getting,
Mini micro scooter,
Duplo,
Fisher price little heroes people and a batman set for them,
Imaginext Castle, dragon and knights,
Happyland people,
Happyland bath boat,
VTech discovery house,
Waterplay canal set,
A doll and maybe a new buggy because ours has just broken,
Play nail varnish( DS1 LOVES his nails done)
Campervan,
Dressing up clothes,
Mega sketcher,
Wooden cakes and cake stand.

Other things they both love to play with are,
Ikea kitchen and wooden food,
Bubble guns,
ELC wooden post box
Wooden jigsaws
Leapfrog iPod thing only a cheap one £7ish
Hide and Squeak eggs
Basic wooden blocks.

TwoThreeFourSix Wed 20-Nov-13 15:08:21

DS will be 2.3.

From us and family he is getting :

Playmobile 123 farm
Thomas the tank engine duvet set to try and persuade him to stop co-sleeping
Toy till
Wind up torch
Pot and pans for his toy kitchen
Some kind of wooden nuts and bolts set
Yet another plastic toy bus yes DM, thanks, he already has 2
Toy garage
Spot goes to school (might save that for later in the year)

That's not the whole list, as DM has bought him 10 presents and MIL a fair few but I don't know what they all are.

His current fave toys are brio train set, duplo, mega blocks, toy kitchen, play doh, stickers, his buses and his toy broom, and of course his scooter and push trike.

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Wed 20-Nov-13 14:57:07

DS 2 and a half at Christmas is getting:

Duplo fire station
Happy land funfair
Wooden trainset from elc
Plate and bowl set
Onesie
Assortment of books (all of them in sales/secondhand)

enormouse Wed 20-Nov-13 14:29:31

Ds (2.2 on Christmas eve) is getting
Lego duplo (the Lego zoo set, zoo truck and train and a box of plain Lego) as his main present

For his stocking, some Julia Donaldson books he hasn't got, a little rucksack, new pyjamas, a twisty bead rollercoaster thing and some other little things I've picked up that I can't remember right now.

Dd1 will be 2.7 and is getting:

Toy farm (to share with dd2)
Pirate ship
Toy cookie set
Latch board
Lots of books
Bucket stilts

In her stocking:
Lion wash mitt
Cuddly fox
Cbeebies cd
Seal flips (swimming toy)
Choc coins
Little musical instruments

My DS will be 2 on the 25th jan he has

Kitchen
utensils
food
vtech gadget the robot
vtech my first tablet
happyland train set
Tomy mr colour maker
world of little people loops and swoops amusement park
a singing dog guitar thing
a drs set

snowgirl1 Tue 19-Nov-13 13:10:20

For Christmas, a kitchen (and stuff to go with it like cutting fruit/veg; Melissa & Doug cookie baking set; Melissa & Doug cupcake set; sandwich making kit) plus lots of books and a couple of bath toys. Just need some stuff to bulk out her stocking.

For her 2nd birthday at the end of December, a balance bike.

SoftSheen Tue 19-Nov-13 12:51:55

DD age 2.9:

Mini micro scooter
Books (The Jolly Christmas Postman and a couple of others)
Skipping rope
Mini children's kite-in-a-bag
Few other bits and bobs for stocking.

Pennythedog Tue 19-Nov-13 12:50:43

I got my daughter a till with shopping basket and play food that you can chop in half. Also a tricycle, pens, stickers, book etc

stretchyandbendy Tue 19-Nov-13 12:44:39

ELC not elf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now