Stocking for 10 year old boys

(13 Posts)
spottymoo Mon 18-Nov-13 14:46:36

I though I'd done dss stocking but it seems I have not. He doesn't play with toys he's all into his xbox and reading I have covered these in his main presents so I'm stuck for ideas.

Last year I did yoyo,juggling balls,hot wheel cars all of which are unused to trying to think of more useful things he's more a teenager in a 10 yr olds body grin

So far have picked up this morning socks and chocolate

So what are you putting in your 10 yr olds stocking grin

MzPixielated Mon 18-Nov-13 14:51:27

light up laces, stickers, temporary tattoos, tube of haribo, cool stationary, glow in the the dark dinosaur wall stickers, a ben 10 watch and a Partridge in a pear treeeeee in my ds's stocking.grin

rwepi Mon 18-Nov-13 14:54:05

I've resorted to "treat" versions of things I buy anyway.

e.g. a character toothbrush, branded shower gel, treats that will end up in their lunch boxes, can of fizzy drink (huge treat here!) bits they need for school, glue stick, jar of hot chocolate, nasty sugary breakfast cereals. Oh and a rolled up comic.

Those charity wristbands are very popular here?

haggisaggis Mon 18-Nov-13 15:32:19

Fire lighter thing (don't panic - they won't set the house on fire with it - but it's fun to try lighting fires in the garden), a wire saw thing, folding cup, bungee cord for mobile phone, silly key rings etc
Camping shops are quite good for small, cheapish "cool" things.

LittleMissGreen Mon 18-Nov-13 15:40:17

DS1 is 11. He is into iron man and James bond.
He has a couple of small iron man lego sets/figures
An ironman showergel/shampoo pack
Lots of different James bond aftershave/perfume samples from the different films.
An ironman cushion to balance fit in the top.
A gyroscope that I picked up on sale somewhere.

DaddyPigsMistress Mon 18-Nov-13 15:40:41

Space food
Penknife
Lego mini figures
Catapult
Zombie beware door sign
Deck of cards
Sweets
Slipper socks with skulls on them
Paper airplane kit
Couple of Darren Shan books

This is my 11 year olds stocking

iheartdusty Mon 18-Nov-13 15:53:29

mini radio
wooden puzzle
stickers
couple of badges
little book about making shadow animals
stationery

What does he read, OP? any related merch available?
on the money-saving thread someone had x box controller skins for a quid or so

sydenhamhiller Mon 18-Nov-13 15:57:11

Marking my place here, gratefully, as have 9 yr old DS who is v similar: books and Nintendo/ x box games are main pressies, anything else ends up gathering dust.
Love idea of light up laces. And possibly a fire starter (checks smoke alarms...).

CoolStoryBro Mon 18-Nov-13 16:02:14

My boys all like getting fake mustaches and anything that gives you an electric shock. They're weird.

SugarplumKate Mon 18-Nov-13 16:23:51

I have a DS 13, and DD 10 (both quite outdoorsy) bought so far: Survival cord bracelet, spork set, firestarters, 1000 mile socks, gloves, chocolate, DVDs - iron man 3, Star Trek, smurfs, anything Simpsons, where's wally socks, may get the bear Grylls book for DS, hunger games trilogy for DD (she has read already but from library), more chocolate, deodorant/shower gel.

NorbertDentressangle Mon 18-Nov-13 16:37:10

DS is 9 and will be getting:

Miniature Solar powered car (very cheap from CPC website)
Top Gear /Stig pen and keyring set
Socks & pants
Welly socks
DVD
Sweets/chocs
Selection of fake moustaches (£shop) - a family in-joke
Finger lights
LED light-up valve caps for his bike (Amazon)
Book

NorbertDentressangle Mon 18-Nov-13 16:53:11

Correction.....solar powered tiny car was from Deal Extreme (good for lots of cheap little gadgets -I think most comes direct from China)

spottymoo Tue 19-Nov-13 20:31:03

Lots of great ideas thanks especially like the idea of the comic grin

We likes a range of different books doesn't tend to stick wit bone particular author

He has become so hard to buy now he doesn't do toys hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now