Gifts for adult Star Wars fan

(17 Posts)
Theonlyoneiknow Sun 17-Nov-13 22:07:29

Hi,

DB is a 40 year old huge Star Wars fan (original trilogy). Last year I did good and got him a stormtrooper dressing gone which he loved but I am already stumped for this Christmas!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Theonlyoneiknow Sun 17-Nov-13 22:07:58

Dressing gown !

AuntieStella Sun 17-Nov-13 22:12:16

Budget?

This supreme edition Darth Vader costume is £750 < gasps >

Or tickets to next years ComiCon?

OH is a massive star wars geek, it's his birthday tomorrow (29) and he's had a Stormtrooper onesie off his sister which he's mad about and I think it's the only onesie he'll ever, EVER wear.

We also go to Wales Comic Con, which tends to have some star wars people there - it's got the original R2D2 actor there next year if getting to Wrexham is an option for you (it's easy for us, we live there, but transport links are fairly good).

Online shops do some great ice cube trays for a fun present - OH has got a tray full of Han Solo frozen in carbonite ice cubes at the minute, and I think he wants to use it for chocolate in the near future.

Firebox has some great stuff smile they have a whole section on Star Wars.

*is an option for him, even.

Theonlyoneiknow Sun 17-Nov-13 22:28:33

Budget is about £40 give or take, we are MILES away in a small corner of Scotland!

Will check out firebox :-)

Just enter "Star Wars" in the search box on Firebox - there's some great stuff on there.

MMcanny Sun 17-Nov-13 22:31:38

I think there was a stormtrooper onsie in Avon this month - is it too late for that?

AuntieStella Sun 17-Nov-13 22:33:05

Always worth looking at Forbidden Planet the Haynes Manual for the Imperial Death Star is well within budget.

Theonlyoneiknow Sun 17-Nov-13 22:37:20

I like the headlights on firebox! We have got a Forbidden planet store in town too, fab!

DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis Sun 17-Nov-13 22:49:17

can't link but Lakeland does Star Wars mugs (2 different kinds) - one is brilliant, it's a dance routine step by step instructions for Darth Vader!grin

kateecass Sun 17-Nov-13 23:46:14

I've got my DH Star Wars origami and thumb doodles off Amazon. They also have a darth vadar and son book and daughter book if he has kids! Got DH that last Xmas and both he and DS love it

RhondaJean Sun 17-Nov-13 23:46:44

Avon have a star wars storm trooper onesie for about £25 this year.

Light sabre chopsticks - I got some from Amazon but lots of places sell them grin

BearsBeetsBattlestarGalactica Mon 18-Nov-13 12:58:29

Millenium Falcon bottle opener fridge magnet

enormouse Mon 18-Nov-13 13:05:38

katecass been meaning to thank you for your star wars links. Have gotten the thumb doodles and now the Darth Vader and son book as presents for DP from DS. Thanks smile

Theonlyoneiknow Mon 18-Nov-13 13:16:24

It was his BD last month and I got him the star wars origami :-)

The haynes manuels look great! And am liking the sound of the millenium falcon bottle opener. Off to google smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now