Christmas Eve film....?

(33 Posts)
Clandy Sun 17-Nov-13 21:18:05

Any film recommendations for Christmas Eve afternoon for a nearly 4 year old and a 16 month old (more for the 4 year old) I cannot think of a single one, except the grinch but she is terrified of that film! Not really after a character thing like Mickey Mouse/ peppa. Just a nice happy not too stressful, she is emotional Santa type film. Thanks

ShinyBauble Mon 18-Nov-13 01:22:52

*Christmas Eve tradition, I meant!

Clandy Mon 18-Nov-13 09:36:27

Cannot believe I had forgotten about the snowman! Obviously not in the Christmas mind set yet! Think dd2 may have some interest in that one. And Father Christmas!! I will most likely buy all and watch a few others over the holidays. Thanks smile ps is the muppet Christmas carol scary ie with a ghost? I think that might be too much.

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Mon 18-Nov-13 09:42:40

Robbie the reindeer is a good one too.

hyenafunk Mon 18-Nov-13 09:44:44

Polar Express

Is Arthur Christmas at all sad, in any way? Ds1 is quite sensitive and I don't want him crying into his hot chocolate on Christmas Eve!!

Thanks

SicknSpan Mon 18-Nov-13 11:28:53

Clandy I adore The Muppet Christmas Carol but my children find it a bit dark. They are 8 and 5. Might try again this year but I last tried 2 years ago and they weren't keen at all!

I was thinking of 101 dalmations this year, for some reason I recall it being Christmassy (or at least snowy).

EmmaG88 Mon 18-Nov-13 15:23:32

Polar Express and Santa Clause(only the 1st one)

Doitnicelyplease Mon 18-Nov-13 18:44:33

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer my 5 yo has loved this since she was 3 and it is the first Christmas movie she wants to watch every year. Cute animation and classic songs (and not too long!).

I know you said no characters, but we really like the Winnie the Pooh Christmas one A Merry Pooh Year, Ice Age A Mammoth Christmas is good and Merry Madagascar is really fun too (not really movies about 30 mins long).

Polar Express and Arthur Christmas also v good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now