Is DS old enough for playmobil?

(30 Posts)
UnicornsPooGlitter Sun 17-Nov-13 18:06:09

He's just over 3, is that too young? I really want the pirate ship blush.

Playmobil 123 looks quite young (he has a zoo already).

Great choice grin I would be going for it myself if I hadn't already got them several sets blush

KatoPotato Mon 18-Nov-13 10:44:06

DS got the Zoo (not 123) for Christmas last year, he was 2.11.

We just took out the tiny souveniers and now have a tupperware on top of the Expedit filled with the tiniest items and the weapons from the cops and robbers type sets!

He's getting the cargo ship and crane loader thing this year from PiLs I can't wait!

Bumpsadaisie Mon 18-Nov-13 11:18:34

Definitely not too young, Playmobil 123 way too babyish for a three year old. And the pirate ship is fantastic - I had one when I was a kid and boy it was fab. I'ts not changed much.

My DD had her first Playmobil at 2.5 (it was the swimming pool). There are lots of tiny bits though (tiny flip flops, knives and forks etc) so if there is a baby sibling crawling about you might put those away for a while.

Jiltedjohnsjulie Mon 18-Nov-13 11:56:10

From experience I would say he was too young. Bid get the happyland pirate ship instead.

ShoeWhore Mon 18-Nov-13 15:28:20

Bin lorry an excellent choice. Can I also recommend the swimming pool and campervan as good entry level sets? Ds2 was playing with the campervan from being 2 (we did hide some of the really tiny pieces to start with)

The pirate ship is fantastic but better saved until later I think - more like 5 (ds got it for Christmas when he was 4 1/2 and it didn't get much use until the following summer)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now