What are you getting your 4yo son?

(56 Posts)
hackneybird Sat 16-Nov-13 20:45:18

He has outgrown most of his toys so I'd really like to stock up his toy collection with stuff more age appropriate. So far I've bought:

Superman/Batman pjs
Lego city starter kit
Couple of books (DH bought them, not sure which they are)
Few cheap stocking fillers

I'd like to get a couple more things though. He doesn't get bought a huge amount of things during the year and he never asks for anything so I'd like to treat him.

Beehatch Fri 22-Nov-13 14:37:32

Mine is getting:
Stocking with Poundshop bits and pieces
Hot wheels track (only thing he's asked for, hope it isn't as crap as reviews on here seen to state)
Electric circuit set (press studs to connect the components, he'll love it)
Playmobil police car

He'll also get some presents from family jointly with his sister, garden toys or board games probably.

BlinkQuenelle Fri 22-Nov-13 15:35:42

I've just got the Amazon £20 batcave too hackneybird. It arrived at my office yesterday, to the huge excitement of some of my colleagues.

Mittensonkittens Fri 22-Nov-13 15:38:14

Beehatch which circuit set is it? The ones I've seen all look a bit too grown up.

Beehatch Fri 22-Nov-13 20:39:42

The kit is from Brainbox, I got a great deal from our local discount bookshop because they had one box which had lost it's shrinkwrap, was at least half RRP - I love a bargain!

PatTheHammer Fri 22-Nov-13 20:55:29

This is what my 4 year old has asked Santa for, it's quite a lot and he is well aware that Santa won't bring all of it. Some will be from relatives and some will be rolled over till his birthday in January. Some he won't get at all!

Star Wars DVDs boxset
Light sabre-green
Star Wars figures
Bucket of soldiers
Transformers beast hunter
Lego cargo aeroplane and truck
Lego ninjago book
Spider-Man motorbike
Sky landers starter set
Microscope
Angry birds Jenga game
Batman outfit.

We've already got him an Xmas eve onesie, DVD (second hand), reindeer food and hot choc. Also got all his stocking fillers mainly from pound shop and sweets and choc santa from Aldi.

Just got to get most of the main presents now, all I've got is the Star Wars DVDs and the Lego book.

Zorra Fri 22-Nov-13 21:22:37

DS is 4.4 and I really struggle to know what to get him - he's too old for lots of things (doesn't play with playmobil any more for example) but too little for lots of the things he wants to be able to do. He's not obsessed by any of his toys, and just plays with things a bit randomly. Sigh.

I've got him, and sincerely hope he likes:
Lego coastguard helicopter
Big city garage - he got the car ramp thing last year and they should fit together
Tree fu Tom activity book
Little bits like some Peter rabbit magnets and some food things he's not usually allowed (marshmallow fluff etc)

I've made up a spy kit - binoculars, invisible ink pen, fake ID card and some other bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now