15 year old girl pressie ideas

(64 Posts)
Tryingteacher Sat 16-Nov-13 18:28:35

Can we start a list please? So far I've had her favourite song lyrics put on a wall decal and some soap......any other ideas?

newpup Mon 25-Nov-13 14:39:56

DD1 is 14 and a half!
New mobile phone
Hollister hoodie
Hollister sweatpants
Pjs
ITunes voucher for apps and music
Nail polish
Jack Wills shirt
Socks
Charm for her Links bracelet
Nandos voucher
Radley dog watch

That is it so far!

hellsbells99 Mon 25-Nov-13 13:52:15

whodunit and madwoman - if you are planning to buy kit for D of E, the best thing we invested in was leather walking boots! Go Outdoors do them for a reasonable price. All their friends in trainer type walking boots ended up with very wet feet. All the ones in leather boots had lovely dry feet all weekend!
I have a 15 & 16 year old and so far have purchased:
jumpers
ear rings
purse each
nail varnish
PJs - 1 set each from Next + 1 set of fleecy Xmas ones from Primark
Slipper boots from Next

Have to buy similar for them but they end up sharing clothes anyway.

Brilliant thread!

Areyoumymummysnet Sun 24-Nov-13 23:02:18

We have been today. He has walked round and bought nowt. But I know him. Come mid December and she will be showered in boots 3 for one shit. angry

QOD Sun 24-Nov-13 09:36:06

Oh areyou!! My dh gets "the panic"
Hence the friggin iPod touch
I buy all presents, I spend a fair bit of time, a lot of thought and obviously money on it. He impulse buys one thing and to be fair, it's usually the shit expensive one! The bike (used maybe 4 times & grown out of) the electric organ (full of dust)the samsung note thingy (can't remember what it was called, sold it within a year)
This time he has actually got something she will love (she has one, it can't be update and is full up, new one is much much bigger storage)

Areyoumymummysnet Sun 24-Nov-13 09:05:23

Mine is getting an ipod touch. she asked for a lomo camera but the cost of developing is crazy.
books
new jamas-primarni do tartan bottoms that look like hollister
some credit for kindle
a uniqlo cashmere mix hat
cardigan
t story box set

that's enough but dh hadn't had the panic yet. angry

madmomma Sun 24-Nov-13 07:17:53

DD1 is sweet 16 on xmas day (and dd2 is 2 on the 23rd -good timing my kids) She's getting a bag for college in that new cath kitson bird print, some celtic boots and then for xmas I got her to make an asos wishlist so I've picked some stuff of that for her. She's always cold, so I've got her a huge snuggly teddybear throw from dunelm mill, with a matching cushion. (not teddybear design; teddybear fabric)

madwomanintheatt1c Sun 24-Nov-13 04:46:29

Mine is getting the same as whodunnit's - rucksack, sleeping bag etc grin

I've also bought her an overnight/ slightly bigger than a handbag bag for when she wanders off to friend's houses, as she keeps nicking mine. It's black with a red frog grin and a new robe as she keeps outgrowing them. Blue fluffy from our local cheap and cheerful teen shop.

And I'll find some cheap fun stuff too - I'll probably put it all in the pockets of the rucksack etc.

Gavlaaa Sun 24-Nov-13 04:14:40

ivykaty44 yes, heated rollers are back in, although this time they are HUGE hmm grin

whodunnit Sat 23-Nov-13 21:38:40

and a decent sounding ukelele

fuzzpig Sat 23-Nov-13 20:25:06

And airplane is a fabulous movie grin

Surely you can't be serious?

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

ROFL

fuzzpig Sat 23-Nov-13 20:19:52

Ooh, I'd heard about the logo game and I know DSD enjoyed similar on her old android phone so will look into that thanks smile

whodunnit Sat 23-Nov-13 20:14:43

I bought dd The Logo Game which has good reviews and she will be good at as she has done something similar on her phone / i pod. and she'll probably beat me & dh! I was also kidding myself that it would educaional as she is studying design, art & business for GCSE.

Also bought
New Look vouchers
Scary Movie 4 & 5 DVD
Airplane & Naked Gun DVD (hoping that the humour hasn't dated ... we shall see....)
Perfume & general bathroom smellies
The Game of Life (island version) which also had good reviews.

went on a bit of an amazon games spree when I saw the family board game recommendations. Everyone is getting one or two.

fuzzpig Sat 23-Nov-13 17:15:08

Any Big Bang Theory fans might like the Sheldon Cooper's council of ladies stuff - you can get t-shirts although my DSD doesn't wear that kind of tee so I bought her this badge instead grin

fuzzpig Sat 23-Nov-13 17:09:17

Whodunnit what board game did you get please? smile

MrsSJG Sat 23-Nov-13 16:18:09

Dd1, 17,has less presents but more money spent (expensive tastes)

Gucci perfume set
A bracelet made by Cherrymonster
Soap and Glory Skincare set
A curling wand

Still to get:

stuffed My little Pony cuddly
Dr Who dvds

MrsSJG Sat 23-Nov-13 16:10:23

Have got up to now for Dd2 15, almost 16, she's 16 on the 2nd Jan

John Green book
Jumper - New Look
Loverdose perfume
A Canvas for her room
A Hairdryer
Straighteners

Still to get, make up set, Jeans and coat and maybe new boots and undies

Ooh, marking my place to get some ideas for my 14yo sister. I'm trying to think what I would have liked at the same age, but it was 17 years ago, their worlds are completely different these days! I feel old blush

ExitPursOodByWho Sat 23-Nov-13 14:45:17

Marking place

whodunnit Sat 23-Nov-13 14:41:55

My dd is starting duke of ed awards and so she will be getting kit for that: head torch, lightweight plates, hiking socks (must find the kit list before I buy the wrong stuff) etc. as well as the usual girly stuff. I have also bought her a board game which really means I have bought us a couple of hours of whole family time.

ivykaty44 Sat 23-Nov-13 14:27:45

heated rollers grin I have my mums heated rollers in the wardrobe upstairs, are they coming back in?

QOD Sat 23-Nov-13 11:42:07

Dh has also come home with the latest I pod touch for her . . . We're such soft idiots. Hate her birthday and Xmas being all together

FriskyMare Sat 23-Nov-13 11:03:14

I'm liking the look of those make up case/boxes Lobster

FriskyMare Sat 23-Nov-13 10:58:12

BerryBlast it's the Bobbi Brown make-up manual from beginner to professional, £13 on Amazon.

Gavlaaa Sat 23-Nov-13 00:27:25

Heated hair rollers
Cute stationary (such as Happy Jackson)
Dressing gown/Onesie
PJs
Nail Wraps
Purse
Topshop/Miss Selfridge/H+M gift cards (to put in purse)
Make up brushes
Mascara
Fake lashes
Tan and mitt
Converse

Also if they like jewellry, these are very popular and ship worldwide chichime

HesMyLobster Sat 23-Nov-13 00:00:52

Ive bought my 2 DDs
this between them.
It's ludicrously expensive but utterly gorgeous and I know they will absolutely love it.
They both do dancing and drama all the time a lot so I know they will get loads of use from it.
I can imagine how much I would have loved it at their age.
I have also bought them both pjs, slippers and dressing gowns from Gilly Hicks, which is their current obsession. I will buy them new coats and boots, which they need anyway but it's more fun if they have them as presents.
Stocking gifts will be underwear and socks from Gilly Hicks/Jack Wills plus hair and make up bits, Kindle vouchers, stationery and chocolate/sweets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now