Is it even worth buying a 3 month old baby anything for Christmas?

(52 Posts)
Tiredemma Mon 11-Nov-13 11:56:55

family members are buying presents for DD (will be 14 weeks old at Xmas)- DP and I were racking our brains last night trying to think what we could buy- it just seems like a 'token gesture ' though- she wont even know what day of the week it is.

DS1 (now 13) has a similar birthday date to DD and I distinctly remember feeling a bit 'meh' on his first christmas as it obviously went over his head.

What would you do? And if you would- could you link me to some age appropriate presents purlease???

SquirrelNuts Tue 12-Nov-13 00:14:18

DP lost his job just after DS was born so for his first Christmas we really couldn't afford much, I stiff feel horrible about this I'm ashamed to admit I didnt even take any picitures of his first christmas thats how stressed I was sad
Its not so much about not being worth it because he didn't care at the time, its about the memories you create to look back on.
Thankfully with DD we could afford to get her presents and we bought mainly meaningful keepsakey presents; a personalised 1st Christmas Minnie Mouse toy, a personalised Tinkerbell snowglobe, 2012 bauble, a silver cross doll, and a 2012 Steiff bear that I haven't let her touch yet and a few toys.

BadgerBumBag Tue 12-Nov-13 00:21:54

I bought dd a baby's first Christmas photo album and took pics all day to put in it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now