What are you getting your DH for Christmas?

(101 Posts)
MayimBialik Mon 11-Nov-13 10:37:23

I have no idea what to get mine. He's 33. Loves movies, plays 5 a-side football, likes keeping fit and eating healthily, loves spending time with me and DS. Help!!

Areyoumymummysnet Fri 22-Nov-13 21:51:44

If he shaves off that foul 'tache he might get a bj. wink or a toblerone.

MrsPnut Fri 22-Nov-13 21:16:45

I've bought mine
A new computer (so he can stop fiddling with mine)
A gilet
A ben Sherman shirt
A couple of dvd's
A wash bag
And a tub of sweets.

notablob Fri 22-Nov-13 21:14:08

Ferrero Rocher

Nice belt

Posh sugar

Lush Dream Cream

Fish eye lens for iPhone

Hmm, not that exciting when I read it back. He's ridiculously hard to buy for. If he wants something he's already bought it.

bimbedybam Fri 22-Nov-13 21:05:56

A penis beaker cup??

<sorry, is that joke wearing a bit thin now>

DumSpiroSpero Thu 21-Nov-13 16:03:25

I usually get him tickets for something but am on a slightly tighter budget than usual this year so not 100% sure yet.

I'm hoping to finish a cross stitch of Bugs Bunny for him which was supposed to be a wedding present 10 years ago.

In the highly likely event that I don't manage it grin and depending on finances I may get him a new bike saddle - his has been taped together for ages!

A cisco watch and some marvel vans

MistressDeeCee Thu 21-Nov-13 03:46:34

Muhammed Ali autobiography
CK One
Next Voucher

NeonGolden Thu 21-Nov-13 02:26:20

I am also so excited because I have always LOVED Christmas but my family really doesnt do much (or at all - we only had a Christmas tree till I was 10 sad ) and we've been living together for a while now, and I would like for us tot start our own traditions. He agreed to shell out 25£ for his own Christmas stocking (which is gorgeous) to humour me, as we dont even have that tradition in Belgium smile sorry for waffling on!

NeonGolden Thu 21-Nov-13 02:16:45

I am getting my DP new headphones, the cheapest iTunes voucher, some mini bottles of whisky (really wanted to get him the whisky advent calendar which is AMAZING but unfortunately far out of my price range), some blank cd's (he loves making mix cd's) + cd markers, a few bottles of his favourite Beers, some homemade vouchers (favourite meal/bj etc, ahem), i might get him a good 2 player boardgame (also for me) and maaayyybe a ticket for a concert we both want to go to. Oh and some fancy chocolates smile If I read all that back I think I might be going a little over board, I also wanted to get him some Paul Smith fragrance but I think he is lucky enough already!

I doubt I will get that much from him but I really dont mind, I am getting a little Christmas gift crazy though...

Taffeta Wed 20-Nov-13 21:50:22

A top from FatFace
Some chocolate

evelynj Wed 20-Nov-13 21:03:12

Mylittlesunshine-iPad, iPod, how about an I-ron this year? ;)

Booker shortlist is a great present for readers-I got it one year when I broke my ankle & loved it!

mrsyattering Wed 20-Nov-13 12:09:23

I've got mine the Booker prize shortlisted books (book people offer from Christmas thread) a friend has made me a beautiful skean dugh, a music/cartoon quiz book, a cd and a Christmas jumper

mylittlesunshine Wed 20-Nov-13 11:16:36

Ooh will be watching closely for ideas...struggling more than ever this year as he seems to have everything!

It's a big birthday 3 days before Christmas so I'm really worrying...

So far I know I will be getting him

Aftershave
Some nice shaving stuff
Slipper boots
Bottle of something

Then I am stuck, last year I got him an iPod & docking station, the year before an iPad can't think of anything special this year though and he gives me no clues at all.

milk Wed 20-Nov-13 08:41:38

wink

Turniphead1 Wed 20-Nov-13 00:12:29

Marking my place!

bimbedybam Wed 20-Nov-13 00:01:20

grin ohwhatetc

man(child) is indeed the word...Jackass stunts his forte! Maybe something to do with the fact that he is/was a "crazy" drummer!

btw, I have a very funny but informative bird-watching book by Julian Barnes...also "Fly-fishing by J R Hartley" (yes it really exists despite the sodding endless Yellow Pages advert)...bought for its bookspine kudos!

2kidsintow Tue 19-Nov-13 23:03:16

I shall be getting DH

A bah humbug tee shirt (play.com)
Box of biscuits.
Bottles of different ciders
A book
DVDs

I may crumble and get him something expensive. He's desperately in need of a new laptop/netbook.

Got my dh a beerbods subscription last year which he loved - am struggling to match it this year!

here

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Tue 19-Nov-13 22:43:00

Fuck only knows. He is on first name terms with the postie as he gets so much from bastard Amazon, so cds and dvds and books are out. Renew his subscription to Sight and Sound-nothing so common as Total Film or Empire for this boy(child) Last year we had a romantic few days away ruined by cunting birdwatching

bimbedybam Tue 19-Nov-13 22:34:55

Can anyone suggest a good dvd for dh...fast paced (has low attention span!), action packed, formula 1 geek? I am crap at films..but need a stocking filler.

Showed a liking for Rush (F1) and Gravity earlier this year (not out on dvd yet) but we somehow never got 'round to our date nights, due to dc...hmm

evelynj Tue 19-Nov-13 16:29:25

I've ordered the beer52 thing too-my dh wants to start his own microbrewery, (hhmmmm...)

A doodle book, the iPhone micro lens kit from the Christmas bargain thread. Some Christmas loungey pants for Christmas day. May order some spicery things. Home made vouchers (shirt ironing, foot rub, chippy tea etc). The best present I give him is buying all his family's presents!

FedupofTurkey Mon 18-Nov-13 21:57:47

Marking my place for ideas

MinesAPintOfTea Mon 18-Nov-13 20:34:10

A two player board game
A box set (maybe west wing)
Pajamas
Lindt chocolates

DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis Mon 18-Nov-13 19:50:51

I bought him the Les Miserables DVD - he doesn't know.

we are buying the Fraiser box set as a joint present.

he wants nothing and I find it hard to mind read.

StuckOnARollercoaster Mon 18-Nov-13 19:46:40

Mine is a lucky guy this year - tickets for next years British Moto GP.
Plus we discovered a Johnny cash CD in the car we bought and love it. It's disc 2 of some kind of greatest hits so I might try to find disc 1!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now