What gift are you most looking forward to GIVING this Xmas?

(70 Posts)
fuzzpig Sun 10-Nov-13 11:42:47

I'm really excited about what we've chosen so far but probably the biggest 'wow' will be the playmobil swimming pool for my 6yo DD as she is in love with it having played with it at a friend's house. She has no idea we know though so it will be a surprise.

Although I am also ridiculously excited about giving DH a tree decoration in his stocking - it's a fabric one in the shape of Sherlock Holmes! Found it in London the other day and actually hopped up and down a little blush. It won't be DH's favourite present as his main gifts are pretty great (if I say so myself grin) but I'm really looking forward to seeing his face when he opens it grin

Doitnicelyplease Mon 11-Nov-13 01:26:47

For DD1 (just 5) the new barbie/remote control horse and the new Barbie camper van. She has only recently got into Barbies after watching the movie Barbie in a Pony Tale, this is now her very favourite movie (she loves the white horse) and requested every day and she has no idea you can get this range of toys. Can't wait to see her face on Christmas morning!

I am now trying very hard to keep her out of all toy shops/supermarket toy aisle and not let her see any toy cataloges etc as I really want it to be a big surprise. Her mind will be blown. smile

It is the first year we are giving her really tacky/fun/wow glitzy christmas toys rather than worthy/sensible/educational/wooden stuff.

DD2 will be 18 months and be excited by anything smile - but I have a very silly spinning puppy toy that she will adore.

curiousgeorgie Mon 11-Nov-13 00:04:54

My DH & I agrees to no presents for each other this year, as we've got too much crap & no space as it is...

But he expressed an interest in seeing the Charlie & the Chocolate Factory musical when it came out, it's his favourite childhood film, so I've got tickets that are brilliant seats grin I'm a SAHM at the moment and bought them with my last work pay check so he literally is expecting nothing! I'm going to disguise it as a present from our DD's to get around the no presents thing wink

Also, my younger brother was very jealous when we went to Book Of Mormon a few weeks ago, so I've bought tickets for my whole family to go just after Christmas... Hidden them in a box of sweets from 'Santa'...

Last year I was 14 weeks pregnant on Christmas Day, and I'd made a calendar of photos for my parents with a scan picture under June... That was the most exciting one grin

Carlat86 Sun 10-Nov-13 23:52:34

It's a bit tight in our house this year so after a few suggestions from other mumsnetters my SD and I are making small Xmas cakes for relatives. I'm in charge of the baking and she is doing all the decoration. We love a bit of baking together so I'm just looking forward to a girly bonding session with her. We've just mastered muffins thanks to an easy mumsnet recipe- highly recommend btw.

My little sister. She's 16 and a big harry potter fan. She's getting a golden snitch watch pendant and also a deathly hallow bracelet. She will love it

Brockle Sun 10-Nov-13 23:13:41

Whilst I know ds3 who will be 1 will not squeal with delight when he opens his tent and tunnel, I can't wait to see his face when they are up. I don't think I will be able to get him out!

ds1 and 2 are both getting tablets and I am pretty sure they aren't expecting them. I think I'm more excited than they are! grin grin

BeaWheesht Sun 10-Nov-13 23:07:07

My mum - a papercut family tree

Ds (7) - his hudl tablet, he has NO idea. Also his go kart.

Dd (3) - dolls house (but that's from my mum) and her playmobil pool and Barbie from us but tbh she'll be delighted with anything at all smile

Clandy Sun 10-Nov-13 22:53:16

Aww some of these are so lovely smile I love giving gifts at Christmas and would happily give and not receive. This year I'm looking forward to hiving dd1 everything, I bought her a barbie magazine this week and she cried and told me I was the "perfect mummy". She has been badgering me for ages for a princess duvet cover and I have said no way. Santa is going to bring her one and change her bed in the night. Cannot wait for her reaction.

mumtoone1 Sun 10-Nov-13 22:31:40

The toys I hand into charity as well as watching the excited in my DS face at the presents scattered all over the floor.

normaleggy Sun 10-Nov-13 21:59:55

My ds (4) loves his Thomas the tank engine train set particularly the troublesome trucks so I have bought him a load from eBay and I just know he will love opening a box full of trucks. I can't wait to give him that!

I've got ds a jumperoo does that count?!
Where are the storm trooper onesies from??

fuzzpig Sun 10-Nov-13 21:15:19

We've agreed that if we move to a bigger place we will get a pet. I expect that will be an Xmas present that year - great idea with the treasure hunt and clues!

I'm not too keen on guinea pigs, we'd be more likely to get dwarf hamsters or a rabbit... although I really love degus! (And sugar gliders but apparently they don't make good pets)

BearsInMotion Sun 10-Nov-13 18:49:51

Am very envy of the Guinea pig ness. DD is still too little but we have agreed maybe next year or the year after!

2kidsintow Sun 10-Nov-13 17:56:26

Tickets here....

I've bought all my family tickets to the local (and amazing) rock and roll panto. They know about it, but it will be fab to go out as a whole family and have a great evening.

I am also waiting for the squeal of excitement when DD1 opens her ticket to see Russell Howard.

Mittensonkittens Sun 10-Nov-13 17:56:19

I'm looking forward to giving ds his build a bear Rudolph on skates. I'm looking forward to giving ds most of his things actually because he's always so delighted with his gifts. He's 4 and so easy to buy for atm, in a few years it will probably be much tricker.

I haven't bought much for anyone else yet, mainly because I have no idea what to get them! Dh is particularly tricky! I find men trickiest to buy for and only actually buy for two men - my dad and dh. Think my dad is going to have an iTunes voucher and a food hamper. But dh - nope no idea.

Aarow Sun 10-Nov-13 17:52:16

The DC are going to get a dog. From a rescue centre. We've had visits and so on. Like Twit we were going to get a dog anyway, but as the date will coincide with Christmas, it can be their (and my!) present.

We are getting the dog two days after, according to the rescue centre (so they need to wait for a certain age).

I might steal Twits idea and get everything laid out. It won't be a surprise getting the dog, but this will be. I've got them dog themed everything. In their stockings, they've got two dog toys, and some dog chocolates. I am going to give the eldest the collar, the youngest the lead. They will each be given a wrapped present, with a picture of the dog and a 'hello' message (written as if from the dog) and also a wrapped up dog bed, and a dog coat, as well as stationery with dogs on, and some dog stickers.

They are going to go absolutely hyper, when they found out we were going to look at dogs at the local rescue centre, they were ecstatic, when we got a home visit for the dog. They don't know, yet, that we've been approved. I can't wait to see their faces.

toffeelolly Sun 10-Nov-13 17:41:37

Getting dd 7 two little baby guinea pigs cannot wait to see her face, she is a real animal lover. Getting them a week or two before Christmas, but hopefully will be kept well away from her till Christmas . She is also getting a reborn doll from her granny and granda which she also knows nothing about. So come Christmas she will be one happy little girl.

AnneWentworth Sun 10-Nov-13 17:27:03

Lovely ideas here. I think DS1 and DS2 big present might be tickets to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. They are 7 and 5 and turn 6 and 8 shortly after. I think we can create golden tickets to make them surprised.

I'm most looking forward to giving my wonderful 93yo grandad a rise and recline chair. He had one in hospital. He is home now and keeps going on about the fancy chair! gringrin

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 10-Nov-13 16:41:12

I am going to get the DDs vouchers for Build a Bear
they have never been, but dd1 has recently become aware of it through a friend.
they both still love soft toys, and I think they'll really enjoy the experience.

we're also going to take DH's grandad out to lunch at the pub where he and DH's grandma had their wedding reception 60 years ago, and where he hasn't been back to since. unbeknownst to us, we moved just round the corner from there, and he excitedly pointed the pub out to us when we brought him round.

I haven't really got started with Christmas shopping, so haven't had a good look for others yet.

Anotherdayanotherdestiny123 Sun 10-Nov-13 16:39:22

DS (age 11) is gong to literally pass out when he sees he is getting his first phone. We have told him we won't entertain the idea until he starts secondary next September and that he will be getting one of our old phones on a PAYG. He's actually getting exactly the one he wants, in the colour he wants on a capped contract. I think that we are going to be the best parents ever.

I'm taking dd to the theatre on the Saturday before Christmas. It's a Christmas tale of kidnap and intrigue (so they tell me) in a local country house. They do it by candlelight and I've been waiting for dd to be old enough to go. She's 6 and has been to the ballet and a musical this year and has not stopped talking about either. She will adore it. Just me and dd too, her brother is staying at home with DH. I'm going to take her for afternoon tea beforehand. This is my present to her and is right up her street. Her little brother is so clingy and I miss spending time with just her.

DS wants a 'skateboard'. He's 2 and he means scooter. I couldn't afford one but browsing ebay last week I found a Thomas The Tank scooter for £2 for collection only down the road. Nobody else wanted it apparently. It's practically brand new, boy it was bought for didn't like it. DS will be thrilled.

madmomma Sun 10-Nov-13 16:20:27

Aww twit I bet your kids will remember that for ever smile

AnneWentworth Sun 10-Nov-13 16:12:43

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0015QQZJS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1384099861&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

dS1 is going to go loopy when he sees it. He spends much of the weekend writing out the league table and then looking at it and rewriting it if Arsenal win or if Liverpool win etc.

octopusinastringbag Sun 10-Nov-13 15:54:28

Twit that sounds great smile

Lamb - that is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now