What gift are you most looking forward to GIVING this Xmas?

(70 Posts)
fuzzpig Sun 10-Nov-13 11:42:47

I'm really excited about what we've chosen so far but probably the biggest 'wow' will be the playmobil swimming pool for my 6yo DD as she is in love with it having played with it at a friend's house. She has no idea we know though so it will be a surprise.

Although I am also ridiculously excited about giving DH a tree decoration in his stocking - it's a fabric one in the shape of Sherlock Holmes! Found it in London the other day and actually hopped up and down a little blush. It won't be DH's favourite present as his main gifts are pretty great (if I say so myself grin) but I'm really looking forward to seeing his face when he opens it grin

Retro - we did a Honeyduke's gift box for HP obsessed nephew one year. We bought lots of different sweets and packaged them up with homemade signs saying things like, 'Gillyweed' and 'Bertie Botts beans' etc. That went down really well and was cheap to do.

I haven't actually bought much yet, so not really excited about anything - but I wanted this thread to keep appearing for me in threads I'm on! We have bought dd1 a couple of pairs of 'nice' knickers, instead of the usual M&S five packs - I think she'll be pleased with those. smile

Retropear Sun 10-Nov-13 14:33:34

Fab idea Remus!!

Retropear Sun 10-Nov-13 14:36:54

Remus what sweets did you put in,what were the names and what did you use as bags?

fuzzpig Sun 10-Nov-13 14:39:54

Thanks retro I'll have a look! A quill would make a great stocking filler!

I think DS will be very pleased with his stocking-filler boxers this year as I've found Gruffalo ones in m&s!

Purple2012 Sun 10-Nov-13 14:40:20

My 16 yr old loves all things Russian. I have bought a load of Russian sweets and chocolate and a Russian looking lunch tin to put them in. She will love it.

I am most looking forward to the dds getting the trampoline my dm has bought them. Dd1 will be over the moon (and can stop practicing her moves on our bed!).

I am not looking forward to putting it up on christmas eve, though!

Of our presents, I'm looking forward to them getting the toy farm. I'm looking forward to setting it up too!

Erm....

-green liquorice bootlace things were gillyweed
-jelly beans were Every Flavour beans
-Freddo bars were chocolate frogs
-choclate coins were sickles etc
-we made wings for Ferrero Rocher and labelled them as golden snitches
-those chocolate twig things (have forgotten what they are called - is it -Matchmakers?) were chocolate wands
-sherbert lemons for Dumbledore
-flying saucers - can't remember what we called those
- coconut mushrooms - something to do with Hagrid: forget what
etc
- Irn Bru (blurgh) was pumpkin juice
- Fentimans bottles of ginger beer etc, became Butterbeer etc

We packaged them all in little clear sandwich bags, all neatly wrapped up, and then stuck labels/tags on them, either with sellotape or tied on with string, and then packagaed them all in a huge box with a Honeyduke's sign which dd2 painted.

Scuse typos.

milkwasabadchoice Sun 10-Nov-13 14:49:00

I have ordered felt slippers for dh from Kyrgyzstan! He has a pair already that my mum and dad bought back from their travels, but they have worn through. He is going to be chuffed as can be to get a new pair. Can't wait!

fuzzpig Sun 10-Nov-13 14:49:05

That sounds brilliant Remus!

I'm making an Xmas present for the first time this year (Fix It Felix costume for 4yo DS) so quite excited and a bit scared about that.

octopusinastringbag Sun 10-Nov-13 14:50:47

A didjeridoo.

Looking forward to seeing my 5yo open all her monster high dolls and accessories, she is going to be thrilled and watching her face light up will be magical.
And seeing my 3yo open her furby, she is going to love himsmile
Then there is 7yo who will be getting a kindle, and 10yo who is getting a computer, she is going to be so shocked she will hardly believe her eyes!

Love your idea remussmile, think i may nick it for my 10yo, she loves Harry Potter !

notagiraffe Sun 10-Nov-13 14:53:00

DC have both asked for money which takes the stuffing out of giving a bit. So I'm looking forward to doing stockings for my parents who are staying with us. They are always so appreciative and will love having lots of tiny foodie things and poundland hand warmers to open, as well as a big present each under the tree.

But I'm getting DC tickets to Russell Howard, so might tuck those in their stocking to see their faces.

madmomma Sun 10-Nov-13 15:00:25

I can't wait to give littlest dd (2) her play money and till, cos she's gonna have so much fun playing shops with ds(3). He's getting a punchbag and gloves, which hopefully will delight him.

I've bought dh a really long, fluffy posh towelling gown from Ralph Lauren and he'll be well chuffed with it.

Dd1 (16) will love putting on a fashion show for us in her new gear as always. Can't wait.

lambbone Sun 10-Nov-13 15:10:20

My husband's 84 year old aunt was admiring the girls' leavers hoodies. So I called her old college to see if they did hoodies, but they don't (pull your finger out Girton).

So I've had one made up (loads of online companies do it). Cambridge blue hoodie with her name and the College shield on the left breast, and a great big Class of 50 on the back-she went up in 1947 before women were even allowed to graduate!

She is an awesome old lady with heaps of get up and go, and she will be mightily tickled by this. Can't wait to see her face.

MrsDavidBowie Sun 10-Nov-13 15:15:12

We have got Australian citizenship for ds 14.

He is going to be stunned.

Retropear Sun 10-Nov-13 15:16:00

Thanks Remus!

MikeLitoris Sun 10-Nov-13 15:18:57

I've got ds a ps4. He thinks we are having a small Christmas because our summer hols are costing a fortune next year.

I am so excited for him to see it. Last year we got him a chromebook as a surprise and he cried when he got it.

Some of these ideas sound amazing.

TwitTwooShoe Sun 10-Nov-13 15:26:17

We are adopting two guinea pigs. I can't wait! We have reserved them as such, and they can come on the 5th January. We were hoping to adopt guinea pigs before Christmas, we would have got guinea pigs anyway, but, by coincidence, the two girls we are adopting need to be kept until the 5th (presumably in case of pregnancy) so it might as well be their christmas present, although the adoption would have happened if it was Feb/March/August or whatever.

So what we're doing is, putting up the hutch and we have got them a toy guinea pig each, which we are putting inside. In the run, they will find the equipment for it, all of it will be wrapped with waterproof wrapping paper. When they wake up, their stockings will have an envelope at the top, and they are going to be given clues. They're going to find the rest of the presents along the way- a jumper and gloves (with a note saying this is so they can go outside to look after the present) and then they'll find a book on guinea pigs and a clue where to find the hutch/run, as well as finding some warm socks (so they can go out to look after them), a hat, a Sylvanian guinea pig family (and a car for them to drive in) and some sugar mice.

We've been planning to get guinea pigs for quite a while, so it won't be a surprise as such, and we've of course done a home visit from the rescue centre, but they don't know when they're getting them.

Lamb - that is lovely.

octopusinastringbag Sun 10-Nov-13 15:54:28

Twit that sounds great smile

AnneWentworth Sun 10-Nov-13 16:12:43

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0015QQZJS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1384099861&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

dS1 is going to go loopy when he sees it. He spends much of the weekend writing out the league table and then looking at it and rewriting it if Arsenal win or if Liverpool win etc.

madmomma Sun 10-Nov-13 16:20:27

Aww twit I bet your kids will remember that for ever smile

I'm taking dd to the theatre on the Saturday before Christmas. It's a Christmas tale of kidnap and intrigue (so they tell me) in a local country house. They do it by candlelight and I've been waiting for dd to be old enough to go. She's 6 and has been to the ballet and a musical this year and has not stopped talking about either. She will adore it. Just me and dd too, her brother is staying at home with DH. I'm going to take her for afternoon tea beforehand. This is my present to her and is right up her street. Her little brother is so clingy and I miss spending time with just her.

DS wants a 'skateboard'. He's 2 and he means scooter. I couldn't afford one but browsing ebay last week I found a Thomas The Tank scooter for £2 for collection only down the road. Nobody else wanted it apparently. It's practically brand new, boy it was bought for didn't like it. DS will be thrilled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now