Octonauts

(24 Posts)
KwaziiCat Sat 09-Nov-13 20:27:37

Anyone know some great Octonauts toys? My youngest is obsessed...

Her grandparents (my DM/DF) are getting her this so am lost at what to do?

Hyperhelpmum Sat 09-Nov-13 20:32:43

My kids love it and have lots of the guys etc. it's all great quality and still going strong after 2 years of play! Try the gup x.

SquirrelNuts Sat 09-Nov-13 20:37:17

You could get the go-pods to add to the octopod it improves it a lot imo. And a Gup? Mine love the Gup x

noblegiraffe Sat 09-Nov-13 20:42:54

The Gup X is good. If you want something cheaper, the Gup B is the coolest. You could also buy little character sets, my DS loves the one with Peso, the narwhal and the ice, and the one with Kwazii, the slime eel and treasure chest.

BerstieSpotts Sat 09-Nov-13 20:44:56

The gups are great - DS has one and it goes in the bath or on dry land. He also likes making Captain Barnacles fart hmm by blowing bubbles out of its bum grin

Magazine subscription?

Makinglists Sat 09-Nov-13 20:47:27

The books are great - lovely illustrations. Gup A was a big hit with DS2 who ot it for his second birthday.

imme Sat 09-Nov-13 20:52:34

DS (3.5) shares this obsession. His gups and Octopod are his most played with toys, his gups have been in the bath plenty of times with him and they always seem to spark his imagination. I would just get a lot of gups and plenty of the characters (there are only 2 included in the Octopod) to get him going!

hermioneweasley Sat 09-Nov-13 20:54:01

Everyone I know with the octopod says it's well played with

noblegiraffe Sat 09-Nov-13 21:10:15

Just a warning that the Gup x can't go in the bath as it takes batteries.

working9while5 Sat 09-Nov-13 21:28:43

We have em all. Started collection when he was 2 and a half and still going strong at 4. Getting the on the go pods for Xmas and a new Octopod as he lost the Octoalert and he and his brother fight over our current one as ds2 (18 mths) loves shoving Octonauts down the slides. Best price for Octopod is 20 quid on Amazon. Deep Sea Octolab same. Both previously 40.

working9while5 Sat 09-Nov-13 21:31:15

Can get full character set on Amazon for 20 too.

We are getting Little Tikes Pirate Water Table reduced to 51 from 78 on Amazon and the Octopod, family getting pods. Plan to be splashing about with gups on Xmas Day!

working9while5 Sat 09-Nov-13 21:31:31

Can get full character set on Amazon for 20 too.

We are getting Little Tikes Pirate Water Table reduced to 51 from 78 on Amazon and the Octopod, family getting pods. Plan to be splashing about with gups on Xmas Day!

DTisMYdoctor Sat 09-Nov-13 22:03:18

DS, now 5, has been into Octonauts since it first started and has a lot of the toys. I'd definitely look at some of the gups. Gup A is good. As is X. You can't go wrong with any of them to be honest. We also got a very cheap tub of plastic sea creatures from Amazon which adds to the play. DS enjoys playing with Kwazi's shipwreck too.

Luggage16 Sat 09-Nov-13 22:42:58

All of the octonauts toys are well played with here! Keep an eye on amazon as prices often drop! Mum picked up the pirate ship for £12 and peso gup for about the same. We managed to get the gup x for £19. They seem well made and stand up to a lot of play. My 6 year old still enjoys playing with them too smile
Agree with previous poster about the pack of 20 sea creatures from amazon too - well worth adding them to the set (they arent octonauts just a random set but they are great)

DTisMYdoctor Sun 10-Nov-13 13:18:03

this is the bucket of sea things we had - they're not amazing sea creatures, but include rocks, greenery etc so always been good for play. We made a big sea bed out of card/tissue paper etc - it's pretty tatty looking these days but DS loves getting it out with his Octonauts toys etc - keeps him entertained for hours!

KwaziiCat Sun 10-Nov-13 13:43:45

Thanks thanks

I think I'll get the character set and a gup b. I think I'll reccomend the books to a friend as she wants to get something for her book and octonaut mad DS.

Luggage16 Sun 10-Nov-13 15:49:56

these are what we got - they are brilliant and include some really random creatures: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealife-Creatures-seahorse-stingray-starfish/dp/B0049FGWUO/ref=sr_1_1?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1384098553&sr=1-1&keywords=sea+creatures

Luggage16 Sun 10-Nov-13 15:50:04
timeforahaircut Sun 10-Nov-13 16:09:16

they have Octonauts "holiday annuals" in the pound shop at the mo. I think it was Poundworld. Hardback, about A5 size and with stories and stickers. Excellent value.

tshirtsuntan Sun 10-Nov-13 16:22:35

The octopod in the OP was/is £19.99 in Sainsburys toy sale..gutted- cost me £40 last year.Has been played with a lot though smile

roslet Sun 10-Nov-13 16:23:58

The best Octonauts book is "The Octonauts Explore the Great Big Ocean". Is has very detailed pictures and a lovely glow in the dark page. I haven't been that impressed with the other books by comparison.

working9while5 Sat 16-Nov-13 18:33:09

Gup B in flying fish mode, Gup C and Gup D in crab mode on sale in Sainsburys right now for a tenner...

working9while5 Sat 16-Nov-13 18:33:43

Also 3 for 2 on a range of Octonauts toys in Toys R Us

Twunk Sat 16-Nov-13 18:35:13

My DS has played with the Gup X all year (since last Christmas). Best toy ever! Oh apart from a flying spy car from playmobil, that's been going 2 years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now