10 yr old girls.what are you getting yours?

(117 Posts)
MikeLitoris Sat 09-Nov-13 13:48:44

Dd is having a nexus tablet so just need a few other things.

So far I have a jacket she liked. Will also be getting clothes and trainers.

She doesn't really like board games, lots of craft stuff from last year not been used.

Looking for a few ideas around the £20 mark.

MikeLitoris Mon 11-Nov-13 10:53:56

Dd had some make up last yr but not foundation/powdery stuff. I dont mind a bit of eyeshadow for messing around the house but it doesn't get worn outside. Nails are fine to be painted.

Anyone seen anything 1d on offer anywhere. I really wanted to get her tickets to see them but it worked out to expensive to stay in hotel etc. I do like the big wall stickery things you can get. Like a big 1d mural.

Im after the mine craft onsie and bag now.

We are buying a wii u for the house so will get her a voucher to buy a game for that too.

MikeLitoris Mon 11-Nov-13 10:55:04

chaos stompeez

I want a pair for myself.

ThreeMyselfAndI Mon 11-Nov-13 10:55:47

no I haven't lost all my possession, it's actually a pretty small list this years as it's more expensive stuff, dds needed new tablets as laptop is shared between them, new bike was needed as other is too small

tbh my 10 year old is rather grown up and acts around and looks 14.

make up is half decent, maxfactor and mac but have went for clear mascara and pale none obvious colours, hair extensions are a treat as they wanted then for ages.

both my dds haven't been into tpys for along time hnce the more grown up lists both dh and myself would hve loved to be buying lego etc but they wouldn't look twice at it.

DaveGahanAndADeckchair Mon 11-Nov-13 10:57:52

You call that a SMALL list! shock

ThreeMyselfAndI Mon 11-Nov-13 10:58:07

mike there are full wall 1d mureals on ebay for £40 I wa looking at the other day. superdrug also have there make up in.

MikeLitoris Mon 11-Nov-13 11:02:41

I saw the murals in argos i think for £36. Might have been on offer though.

I normally get the £1 nail varnish in superdrug so will have a look for the 1d stuff.

I've just ordered her some minion goggles. She is going to love them grin

DaveGahanAndADeckchair Mon 11-Nov-13 11:02:57

My dd wants a karaoke set and various books and dvds. I haven't started yet. I usually spend about £200 - one big thing and various little bits and bobs. I wouln't buy clothes for Xmas though - a pair of pyjamas maybe - as I tend to buy that stuff as she needs it.

MikeLitoris Mon 11-Nov-13 11:06:47

I don't really like buying clothes for xmas but if she asks for something more expensive than normal I will get it. She wants a hollister hoodie but thankfully the smallest size is to big for her.

She loves break dancing so might get her a tracksuit.

LionelRichieAndTheWardrobe Mon 11-Nov-13 11:07:49

I'm coming to the conclusion i'm mean. I spend about £250 each on my two and that includes their December birthdays!

ThreeMyselfAndI Mon 11-Nov-13 11:09:05

yes it is small for us this year only as it's expensive stuff. we also buy all year round as they need but still buy clothes at Christmas probably as my parents always did. they pick their on clothes and absolutely love a day shopping with their given budget. it is slightly worrying every year at how to top the previous and the mounting costs but if we could not afford it we would rain it back big time.

I am very mn though I suppose Christmas in this house means filling the place with presents

ThreeMyselfAndI Mon 11-Nov-13 11:10:03

very non mn I ment

Dillydollydaydream Mon 11-Nov-13 11:10:59

3ds
3ds games
Clothes
Onesie
Slippers
Jacqueline Wilson books and annual
Hunger games books
Croods DVD
Choc
Lush smellies
Nail varnishes

ClaimedByMe Mon 11-Nov-13 11:11:46

I'm not keen on buying clothes for birthdays and Christmas either but she wanted some designer stuff so I got her that, I am at a loss this year, I think I might make her up a hamper of smellies and treats as she loved my soap and glory set last year but I think shes too young for it.

wearingpurple Mon 11-Nov-13 11:13:22

Mine got her long coveted iPod for her birthday last month, and now she can't think of a single thing she wants except this. hmm

She's generally into Jacqueline Wilson, Harry Potter, minecraft, clothes and jewellery, anything with an owl or cat design on it.

schilke Mon 11-Nov-13 11:15:18

I'm also thinking of an Orbeez light up globe. She wanted the orbeez foot spa last year, but the reviews were dreadful so we didn't get it it wasn't because it looked extremely messy honestly

wearingpurple Mon 11-Nov-13 11:16:23

Ooh, just thought, she wants a hairdryer.

MikeLitoris Mon 11-Nov-13 11:17:32

I admit to spending a fortune on Christmas and they easily have 30+ presents each. We can afford it and never get into debt. Every year I say no little filler gifts but when it gets close to the big day and I only have a small pile I feel guilty. My dc wouldn't bat an eyelid to a small pile of gifts but I always had a mountain of stuff to unwrap so its normal to me.

lionel I love your name. Hands down best name ever. I really wanted to change to LionelRichTea until I saw yours envy

insanityscratching Mon 11-Nov-13 11:19:07

I got this bag and this Lego (it seems t be best price from here)

MikeLitoris Mon 11-Nov-13 11:20:37

See we don't do big birthday gifts like Ipods or bikes. Birthday are £50 that the older ones get to spend as they want.

Ds is 13 in December so he will have a bit more this year but will be back to the normal £50.

I do think you're being a touch naive, Three. That isn't a small list.

If you're worried about how to top it next year, may I suggest this, to share, obvis

wink

ThreeMyselfAndI Mon 11-Nov-13 11:28:16

I'm not nieve compared to past Christmases it is small to us, I am aware they are incredibly fortunate and it's large to other's.
luckily we can afford to do big Christmases for our 3dds without any debt. If I had to budget to £250 each we would.

I love that boat, sadly finances are not THAT good smile

LionelRichieAndTheWardrobe Mon 11-Nov-13 11:42:22

Thank you Mike, LionelRichTea is excellent, you should do it!

I don't have to budget to £250 each, could quite easily go over the top too. That's why I've come to the conclusion i'm mean.

MikeLitoris Mon 11-Nov-13 11:52:42

Of course your not mean. As long as your dc are hapoy with what you get them then who cares what you spend?

I spend more than I should but thats my business. I really dont care what others do.

I do get pissed of with the competitive frugal Christmas posters though. 'I spend 6.95 on 15 people and the turkey last 6 months. you should be ashamed of spending so much. Your children are obviously spoilt brats and where will it all end?! <wailing and pearl clutching>'

ThreeMyselfAndI Mon 11-Nov-13 11:54:56

I don't think it is mean at all we all have different ideas and perceptions on what Christmas is for us and our dcs. I wouldn't care if someone spent 50p or £5, 000 each to their own and kids find this day magical no matter the expenditure.

Dancergirl Mon 11-Nov-13 11:56:06

My 10 year old dd is getting:

Ice Watch
Harry Potter lego
Onesie
Glowstars for her room

She wants a Kindle too but her birthday's in Jan so we'll get that for her then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now