What to get a 5 year old for Christmas?

(12 Posts)

DD just turned five and one of the best received presents for her recent birthday was a bundle of art stuff, it had glitter pens, felt tips, a big pencil case, a sticker set, glitter glue, pipe cleaners and sequins and a small set of oil type paints, brushes and a small canvas so she can create a masterpiece. She was over the moon with it.

Other items that ahve gone down well are:

Playmobil swimming pool
Disney animator doll
Lalaloopsy littles doll.

Beccawoo Mon 11-Nov-13 12:12:59

Wilkinsons is amazing for bargainous arts and crafts kits :0)

sticky mosaics

Great crafty toy and little mess so you will be popular with parents too!

SunshineAndPeardrops Fri 08-Nov-13 14:18:10

DesignaFriend dolls are pretty popular.

Toy Post Office

Dolly?s Highchair

The Croods DVD

Colour Change Rapunzel

Magnetic Play Centre

TK Maxx sell quite a wide variety of nice dollies too.
I love buying toys!! smile

5 is a really good age to start getting into Playmobil. smile

GerrardWinstanley Thu 07-Nov-13 23:27:31

I think 5 is luckily an age when they are often still immune to what everyone else wants. With a DD age 6 some ideas from what has been played with lots for the last year or two
dressing up dolls
puppet theatre
play food/kitchen stuff

honestly just a well though out stocking full of crafty materials would put a grin on her face. Maybe with a children's craft book from somewhere like the book people?

If you're really stuck and she's the girl who has everything maybe a build-a-bear voucher

cazza2878 Thu 07-Nov-13 23:09:45

I have a 5 year old dd. Things she's in to:

Playmobil (loves the swimming pool!)
Playing schools (the pretend and learn play set is currently reduced from 24.99 to 16.66 on amazon).
Lego friends
Leapfrog leapreader - reduced from 39.99 to 21odd on amazon
Games - she wants the magic tooth fairy one

If she's getting an innotab how about some cartridges for that? My dd likes the Minnie Mouse one, Disney princess one and hello kitty one

makemineapinot Thu 07-Nov-13 19:58:59

Dies she play with dolls? My dd and her friends loved getting things like real nappies, bibs, clothes, bottles etc for gear folks (all from £1shop!) at Xmas - made up a baby box with wipes etc in it and they loved it!
Another top gift at that age was a box of party stuff - invites, birthday cards, party banners, tablecloth, paper plates, cups and napkins and they played for hours with that too - though maybe more appropriate for birthdays!
Or take her into town and let her make a build a bear - be quieter before Xmas and I'm sure her parents would love that too!! Or bab voucher.

Doitnicelyplease Thu 07-Nov-13 19:50:03

Djeco stuff is gorgeous...

My 5 yo DD1 really likes the Gelarti sets (gel paint/make your own stickers) - they do a glow in the dark one that looks fun.

www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/GELARTI.htm

New Barbie DVD? Music player and some CDs?
Stuff from the new Disney movie Frozen?

GobbolinoCat Thu 07-Nov-13 14:42:35

We adore Djeco stuff in our house, glitter boards, origami, so much gorgeous stuff, magic sets and so on.

jojane Thu 07-Nov-13 14:03:21

My dd loves
Lalaloopsy
Arts and crafts
Disney princesses
Hello kitty
Baking

minion123 Thu 07-Nov-13 13:58:44

My niece is 5 and I am not sure what type of thing to get her for Christmas. I know her mum and dad are getting her the Vtech Innotab 3s from ELC as she loves learning. I was thinking some art and craft pieces as she loves making things but is there anything popular that every 5 year old girl would want?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now