Dragons and castle help!

(19 Posts)
laurenamium Thu 07-Nov-13 09:27:48

DD will be 3 by Christmas, she is obsessed with dragons at the minute. I was thinking of getting her a castle with dragons and knights. Can anyone recommend the best one? Or any other dragon based toy? Any help appreciated!

Mittensonkittens Thu 07-Nov-13 09:36:53

Got to be the Imaginext castle with the Imaginext dragon. It's brilliant!

tweetytwat Thu 07-Nov-13 09:40:19

It's only £33 at Amazon right now. Huge bargain. Trying to stop myself from buying one.

laurenamium Thu 07-Nov-13 09:41:26

Ah perfect! Off to buy it! I knew you lot world know thanks

Luggage16 Thu 07-Nov-13 09:41:54

schleich dragons are gorgeous and look more grown up so will still be being played with in a few years (we got them mega cheap on amazon). We went for a wooden castle in the end (le toy van)

tweetytwat Thu 07-Nov-13 09:46:26

We've got a few imaginext toys and they are brilliant. But just haven't got room for another massive toy like the castle. V tempting at £33 though.

zgaze Thu 07-Nov-13 09:50:20

Thank you SO much for pointing out the cheap Amazon price, hadn't seen it for less than £50. Just ordered!

ShoeWhore Thu 07-Nov-13 10:01:05

We love the playmobil one but last time I mentioned that on mn I got shouted down.

Btw Plastoy does a great set of dragons in a tube.

KittyLane1 Thu 07-Nov-13 10:04:03

£33?! Dd is 3 and also loves dragons....*whistles off to amazon*

clubnail Thu 07-Nov-13 10:07:31

We have this one: www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Action-Figures-and-Playsets/Wooden-Medieval-Castle(0022992)?searchPosition=4, a bit pricier than the £33 one above, but it is big, and wooden, and beautifully painted.

tweetytwat Thu 07-Nov-13 10:38:02

Stop it

Don't make me buy it too

DS is much more into dinosaurs and bugs

But it would be fab

laurenamium Thu 07-Nov-13 10:55:30

I like those schleich dragons too! Oh the fun I'm DD is going to have grin

YesAnastasia Thu 07-Nov-13 11:06:34

How gorgeous is this castle? I need to persuade DH that DS2 NEEDS this in his life.

DTisMYdoctor Thu 07-Nov-13 11:19:33

Another vote for imaginext. I'vebeen trying to encourage DS (5) towards a nice wooden, Lego or even playmobil one but he's desperate for imaginext. Lots of positive reviews and comments on here about it. Bargainous on Amazon just now as are a few of the figures and accessories that go with it.

Luggage16 Thu 07-Nov-13 13:10:54

i managed to get 2 of the schleich dragons for £13 each! They are so gorgeous! Can see them sitting on a shelf as ornaments once the kids outgrow playing with them smile

Badmumof3 Thu 07-Nov-13 14:17:42

My 4 yo son has a lovely wooden castle, which we picked up cheap at a National Trust shop (display model). It has a working drawbridge, portcullis and dungeon and looks nicer than the plastic ones. We accessorised it with a copious quantity of playmobil knights and weaponry. He also has various dragons. He doesn't care about it being mismatched and uses his car garage as an enemy castle!

weeblueberry Thu 07-Nov-13 17:07:48

Love this thread smile

DD is only 6 months so not into dragons quite yet but I'll secretly be gutted if she's very girly and into ballerinas and princesses...

Doitnicelyplease Thu 07-Nov-13 19:42:19

We traded my DD1s wooden dollhouse for the Melissa and Doug folding wooden castle and it has been great - we have playmobil knights/horses/princesses and the medium sized green dragon which is a great size.

I also saw some mike the knight toys in Toys R Us which had the dragons from that show also. Also there is a dragon character in the Skylanders toys.

DD1 also has a small stuffed purple dragon 'stormy' from Webkinz which is very cute.

Lots of dragons around at the moment it seems smile

stealthsquiggle Thu 07-Nov-13 20:08:55

Personally I love Playmobil and they do a selection of nice dragons, but I wouldn't go for a playmobil castle, especially not for 3yo. Imaginext castle and playmo dragons would be my vote.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now