Maryz! Maryz!! AM I BEING UNREASONABLE?

(117 Posts)
Mintyy Wed 06-Nov-13 23:17:04

Guess wot Mary? grin

I have bought a CHRISTMAS present! Ho yes. And some decorations, from Paperchase.

<am feeling reckless with my buggering up of the thread rules tonight>

RoxanneReidsChafingFishnets Wed 06-Nov-13 23:18:03

Ohhhh

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Mintyy Wed 06-Nov-13 23:28:00

Put your money on Mary, I'm sure she's feistier than me!

Infact, I am so feisty I'm going to make a cup of mint tea and toddle off to bed blush.

LemonMousse Wed 06-Nov-13 23:35:55

What reckless behaviour! shock

<<whispers>> I've nearly finished my Christmas shopping. And have bought wrap, tags and cards.

<<scarpers>>

MissMarplesBloomers Wed 06-Nov-13 23:39:31

Cowardly.....throws a Christmas prezzy & a few tawdry sparkles into the room & slopes off with a peppermint slurp. shock

Mintyy Thu 07-Nov-13 11:30:59

Oh Maryyyy! Where are you? come out come out wherever you are ...

KungFuBustle Thu 07-Nov-13 11:44:55

I finished my Christmas shopping today.

I'm onto knitting our decorations! I may listen to Christmas shoes as I do so.

Hassled Thu 07-Nov-13 11:46:59

I haven't actually bought a Christmas present but I have opened the junk mail catalogues that come through the door and had my annual rant at the fact something called "Presents for Men" exist. You can tell it's almost time to start shopping when I've had my festive "Presents for Men" catalogue rant.

TheLeastAccomplishedBennetGirl Thu 07-Nov-13 11:49:36

I have shoes that I can listen too also

They call out to me in shops 'buy me buy ME' but I ignore them

Maryz Thu 07-Nov-13 11:54:18

shock

Just

shockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshock

KungFuBustle Thu 07-Nov-13 11:54:45

Haha the least smile

Here I felt the need to spread the world's best Christmas song to Maryz you all.

Maryz Thu 07-Nov-13 11:55:41

Can I remind you

Maryz Thu 07-Nov-13 11:57:44

KungFu, there would be no excuse for that even if it was December 24th. Now it's just Wronger than a Wrong Thing in Wrongsville shock

KungFuBustle Thu 07-Nov-13 12:00:08

Santa said a swear!

Maryz Thu 07-Nov-13 12:04:15

And, do you know what, I can just about understand people buying a few presents now, and looking in catalogues, and picking up bits and pieces.

I do have a big problem with people actually trying to finish their shopping in October/November.

And as for wrapping presents [baffled]. What on earth do they do on Christmas Eve if they don't have to get pissed stay up to frantically wrap?

Mignonette Thu 07-Nov-13 12:04:55

I started buying gifts in July.

And I watched a Christmas film last Sunday shock

youarewinning Thu 07-Nov-13 12:07:37

<whispers> for once I've actually bought some Christmas stuff already - presents, tags and wrap shock I'm never this organised and yet feel lie by being so I've commuted sons kind of faux pas?!

Oh we'll it's not every year you get a PPI payout from a bank who write to you about it - considering I don't even own an account with them anymore and couldn't even remember the account details for the loan!

youarewinning Thu 07-Nov-13 12:08:45

Oh and it's 4 things - no where near finished!!!!!

Maryz Thu 07-Nov-13 12:09:35

And shall we not mention the putting up Christmas trees in November?

And the aisles of tat in the shops.

And Christmas biscuits and sweets in September (M&S I'm glaring at you).

And Christmas threads in Chat and AIBU all fucking year round.

<and breathe>

Maryz Thu 07-Nov-13 12:10:00

4 things is ok <patronising>

Just don't wrap them wink

starsandunicorns Thu 07-Nov-13 12:11:44

All xmas presents brought 2 weeks ago

KungFuBustle Thu 07-Nov-13 12:33:32

I have to hide a bike until Christmas......

I haven't thought this through!

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Thu 07-Nov-13 12:38:20

<sucks up to Maryz>

I have bought nothing. Nada. Zilch.

The only thing I've done is oo and aah over the Christmas food at Aldi thread this morning and ask DH to get the Christmas cards from the attic about 20 million billion times.

He hasn't.

When can I officially start panicking fro long enough to get off MN and get my hairy arse in gear? smile

NicknameIncomplete Thu 07-Nov-13 12:39:15

Iv started my xmas shopping as december is a busy time at work & dont get much child free time then.

However i was pretty shocked to see my local shopping centre has their tree up. I thought i had gone to bed last night & slept for a month shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now