I have bought to much for ds. Again.

(12 Posts)
Mittensonkittens Wed 06-Nov-13 21:33:55

This is mainly because I have NO idea what to get anyone else but ds is easy peasy to buy for so what happens is this:

I go into a shop / on to a website to look for a gift for someone. I can't find anything they would like but instead see several things ds would like. Ds ends up with another present and original person I was shopping for still has nothing.

Is anyone else having this problem?! I'm going to have to hold some of ds's stuff back until his birthday I think!

Mittensonkittens Wed 06-Nov-13 21:34:53

Clearly should be too much not to. I will blame my poor iPad typing skills.

Thants Wed 06-Nov-13 21:51:13

Lucky boy! You're right kids are so much easier to buy for. Adults are bloody picky!

SugarHut Wed 06-Nov-13 21:56:19

I do this. All the time. We are bad people grin

Luggage16 Wed 06-Nov-13 21:59:24

I'm finding similar this year. Usually I stick to just a couple of gifts for my 2 but this year I have gone a bit overboard and I think they now have 11 each plus stockings! I don't even feel guilty, I don't do it every year and I sold a load of their old toys recently. I will make sure they know not to expect it every year though!

Kids are so much more fun to buy for as well as easier I think! And are far more likely to be thankful whatever the gift, where as a lot of adults I know are fussy and wont appreciate whatever we get them! An aunt once barely looked in the bag when we made them a gingerbread tree one year!

fuzzpig Wed 06-Nov-13 22:11:56

I absolutely love finding presents for my DCs. It makes me really happy finding great toys and seeing them played with!

hallowisitmeyourelookingfor Wed 06-Nov-13 22:18:43

I thought everyone did this! They are the people we usually know the best which makes them the easiest to buy for. Don't worry, I think you're normal! Mine don't even have December/January birthdays to hold some back for, so they just get it all in one go!

fuzzpig Wed 06-Nov-13 23:03:24

I went playmobil crazy this year. Got the pyramid in summer because I heard on MN, where else it would no longer be produced and got a great deal...

But then DD is totally in love with the swimming pool, so I got that plus the pirate ship for DS (I actually wrote DH then, Freudian slip or what grin) when they went cheap on amazon, and then when they arrived realised how ridiculously big they all are blush so we've decided to put the pyramid away for DD's birthday and the pirate ship away for DS' birthday, both in summer.

Basically because I want to get them other stuff for Xmas as well blush

fuzzpig Wed 06-Nov-13 23:09:02

I agree with hallow too. I know my DCs' taste and play habits, as well as their developmental needs ie what new types of toys they are ready for... it's a real pleasure to find what fits.

Kinect Wed 06-Nov-13 23:20:57

What Fuzzpig just said.

I've bought loads, but I know it will get played with, has longevity and will aid development.

And I want to play with it

wonderingsoul Thu 07-Nov-13 07:47:06

im proud to say iv not gone of my christmas list this year.. they have 5 presents each, and one to share, a stocking of small stuff

that said the other stuff i did found i put towards their birthdays next week and end of december grin but even then, they are little things and still only have 6 presents.

iv had to try reaally hard not to buy just because.. last year they where so overwhlemed and didnt play with most of them so iv stuck to t hings i know thery will love.

Rosvita Thu 07-Nov-13 20:59:00

I've just looked at my spreadsheet and have gone completely overboard although I've spent less than half the rrp on everything for the kids.desperately trying to go through and see what I can hold back for birthdays.it's my own fault for being so silly...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now