Secret Santa help needed.

(30 Posts)

Clever, imaginative bods line up please!

I've drawn Brazil in our SS. ; other than nuts, coffee beans and body lotion [with a £10 spend] can anyone recommend anything that may be more exciting than those two things?

I am so dull. grin

DaddyThunder Wed 06-Nov-13 19:28:53

I thought you had a person to buy for in secret santana? do you have to buy for a whole country now? don't they have the world cup next?

ChippyMinton Wed 06-Nov-13 19:30:14

And the Olympics in 2016.
Try searching 'Brazil' on ebay or amazon for ideas.

hippoherostandinghere Wed 06-Nov-13 19:31:29

Lol, how does a country secret santa work? I'm intrigued!

BikeRunSki Wed 06-Nov-13 19:32:04

Flip flops ?

Laska42 Wed 06-Nov-13 19:32:22

Terry Gilliam's Brazil (one for someone who likes the bizarre though grin

Brazil Michael Palin book and DVD

Laska42 Wed 06-Nov-13 19:33:18

Or perhaps a voucher for a Brazilian at the local beauty salon?!! grin (eek)

rachyconks Wed 06-Nov-13 19:33:54

Ipanema or havianas flip flops, ingredients to make caipirinhas. You can get that for me actually. grin

IrisWildthyme Wed 06-Nov-13 19:35:28

This sounds way more complex than our secret santa - we just each draw a person and buy something for that person for £5 (and if we draw ourselves, so much the better: at last we get something we want!)

I love the replies grin.

We've all drawn a country and will buy accordingly, pity the bugger who drew Ireland[ Guinness maybe?]

I like the havianas idea but too expensive sad.

Cheers .

3bunnies Wed 06-Nov-13 20:15:13

Brazil nuts, chocolate brazil nuts if you really like them! tight

hippoherostandinghere Wed 06-Nov-13 20:19:03

Whats the matter with Ireland sad

But who gets what then? Do you just pick something random out from what everyone buys?

Laska42 Wed 06-Nov-13 20:31:40

Can think of lots for Ireland - a Riverdance dvd , a Dubliners CD James Joyce 'The Dubliners', Irish coffee chocs , a Tin of Irish Stew.grin.,

Though how do you distribute , do you draw a country to buy and one to have? we do the pick a name and buy a £5 present ..

I've got someone terribly glam /designer label type woman, mid 20s .. and need an idea for something lovely for £5??

BikeRunSki Wed 06-Nov-13 22:12:12

Nail varnish or lip gloss Laska42?

insanityscratching Thu 07-Nov-13 07:07:26

Laska Nails inc nail polish on this month's Glamour magazine. Buy the magazine for £2 give her the nail polish (you keep the mag) leaves you with three pound to buy some really classy wrapping.

bigTillyMint Thu 07-Nov-13 07:15:43

I've got a young man, into fitness, cooking (healthy) but I'm not sure what else - any ideas?!

Oh no grief against Ireland at all,blush I just meant [ from my dullard imagination] what to buy?

We picked a country from a hat then on the ss day we'll .... I don't know, only started in September.

makemineapinot Thu 07-Nov-13 19:54:20

You can get those disco light balls for the bath which are great presents for ss!! :-) or a mini bottle of wine, book and bar of chocolate smile

1stMrsF Thu 07-Nov-13 20:49:57

Matalan have Havianas for £10

10 Havs

Postage on top, but free to store if appropriate for you, or consider price of petrol parking etc. and maybe OK. 6-8% cashback from Quidco...

BikeRunSki Thu 07-Nov-13 20:54:45

Growing herbs bigTilly ?

Pogosticks Thu 07-Nov-13 21:06:25

For our SS I emailed everyone asking them to reply all answering a few questions. Favourite food/smell, what would you most hate to get for Christmas, do you prefer joke presents or sensible ones?

It has been really useful and nice to interact with colleagues a bit more.

Pogosticks Thu 07-Nov-13 21:07:34

Brazil - a thong.

Young fitness c

Pogosticks Thu 07-Nov-13 21:08:28

Oops.

Young fitness cookery man - a flavourly box.

Glamourous women - a sainsburys bird scarf

Wineandchoccy Thu 07-Nov-13 21:17:39

I went to Brazil in September so speedos or bikini, The caipirinha is the national cocktail of Brazil so could you get a cocktail making kit ( I drank to many so you will have to google ingredients)!, can you find havianas on ebay?

Leeds2 Thu 07-Nov-13 21:23:45

A Pele dvd, lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now