Help! Stuck for ideas for nephews aged 12, 11 and 9

(14 Posts)

Title says it really, I'm struggling for ideas for my elder three nephews. The older two (12 and 11) will probably be happy with hair stuff, smellies etc, but is that boring for a pre-teen boy? I feel they've outgrown toys, apart from gadgets like their iPads.

The younger one (9) will probably still expect/want a toy/puzzle/game, but something quite sophisticated as befits his age...

Help me! Budget is about £15 each as I have a very large family!

OddBoots Tue 05-Nov-13 21:48:29

Often places like iwoot can be good for this age.

valiumredhead Tue 05-Nov-13 21:49:29

Itunes vouchers will go down a treat or money in their cards.

Thanks, will look into those smile

charlieandlola Tue 05-Nov-13 22:18:12

Lego

Mine craft stuff
iTunes
Clothes
Top Gear

snowballinafryingpan Tue 05-Nov-13 22:37:34

I think Tesco is doing 3 x£15 itunes cards for £35 at the moment.
My 12 year old would love one in his card if that helps.

dementedma Tue 05-Nov-13 22:44:51

ITunes vouchers
Hexbugs for the younger one
Remote control' helicopters - cheapies
Lava lamps
Bear Grylls stuff
M-cube

jellybeans Tue 05-Nov-13 22:45:00

I have 11 yr old twin boys and they like minecraft, books (gift voucher could be good?), sweet gifts (such as those sweet hampers from ye old sweet shops), one loves football. An addict-a-ball went down very well as a gift for my sons last year as did a 3d big ben puzzle. Do they have X box or Gameboys? Mine have asked relatives (who have asked what they wanted) for games for them.

They wouldn't know what to do with itunes vouchers really (although have basic phones) and wouldn't be into smellies really I don't think. I get my Godsons money as it was so hard as they get older choosing.

What about cinema vouchers (with popcorn/favourite sweets) or ten pin bowling or paint balling vouchers?

These are all brilliant ideas! I will make a decision today and let you know.

Bearandcub Wed 06-Nov-13 07:07:23

Groupon and amazon local sometimes have rugby tickets at a cheap price? Or other events like laser quest or driving experiences where you are a passenger obv.

Badvoc Wed 06-Nov-13 07:14:24

Nerf guns
iTunes vouchers
If they like reading Book sets from the book people like hunger games, Alex rider etc
Next have some lovely pre teen stuff...onesies etc
HTh!

Leeds2 Wed 06-Nov-13 09:47:39

The youngest might like those science kits. Can't remember their name, but they have them in all toy shops and WH Smith. A Build Your Own Volcano type thing. There are loads to chose from.

If they like football, something connected to their local team. Hat, scarf, mugs, etc etc. Most clubs have huge catalogues of stuff!

zazzabeans Wed 06-Nov-13 09:50:56

Nanobloks lego for 9 and 11 year olds..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now