Is there much difference between Catholic/CofE Childrens' Christmas services?

(7 Posts)
lucysmam Sat 02-Nov-13 21:36:23

I didn't think to look for a website! Never occurred that a Church would have one tbh confused

I'll have a look in the morning, dp's watching something on the laptop & might growl at me if I ask for it grin

scaevola Sat 02-Nov-13 21:33:59

There's a huge range of styles of worship in CofE - eg the Oxford Movement are 'higher' than the typical RC; some 'lifestyle' services are barely recognisable as worship.

You can't really tell from the outside what sort this Church will be. Although some priest are real oddballs, most are lovely.

Just go in, be yourself, and see what happens.

WaitMonkey Sat 02-Nov-13 21:32:05

Check out the local church's websites. They usually have lot's of information.

lucysmam Sat 02-Nov-13 21:29:35

Thanks wait I might see if anyone's around on Monday then and find out about the services smile

WaitMonkey Sat 02-Nov-13 21:28:59

Oh, and vicar not priest. They would probably be very interested to talk to you and hear about your Catholic past. It's all based on the same thing after aol

WaitMonkey Sat 02-Nov-13 21:26:52

I don't know much about Catholic services. But I would hope, you should be welcomed into a CofE Church with open arm's. The services are usually very child friendly. Give it a go. smile

lucysmam Sat 02-Nov-13 21:04:08

I am a lapsed Catholic. Dd1 has been to a local C of E church as part of a school trip (for R.E.). She really enjoyed talking to the Priest (vicar? sorry, I don't have a clue blush ) & has expressed an interest in going again and learning more.

I'm wondering about popping into the Church to find out about services suitable for my dd's but am a bit nervous about stepping on anyones toes & not knowing the service as I would in a Roman Catholic Church confused

Any advice welcome so I don't look like a total numpty tyvm smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now