Your best christmas shopping bargain so far?

(15 Posts)
cazza2878 Sat 02-Nov-13 20:50:43

Not been on here for a while but always tempted back by the Christmas thread! Fab work as always Reastie!

So...... What's everyone's best bargain they've had so far this year?

Mine so far has been a Furby boom for £18 (mis price on amazon found by someone on HUKD site). A bit of a hassle to get it as they initially sent me the wrong item but in the end I got it and amazon refunded me for the inconvenience so basically got a £59.99 Furby for free in the end!!! Happy days.

dementedma Sat 02-Nov-13 21:27:47

Too many to mention thanks to reastie's threads. Have saved over 250 quid so far!

WaitMonkey Sat 02-Nov-13 21:30:35

I missed the furby. <Bitter emotion>

chanie44 Sat 02-Nov-13 21:50:41

Body Shop Body Butter. They are normally £13 each and I got 4 for £12.

Selected ones were in the sale for £5 and I got a code for an extra 40% off, making each one £3.

I wanted to get a little something for my children's nursery teachers, but didn't have a lot of money to spend, so these fit the bill perfectly.

Definitely the Robot on one of Reastie's early threads. Haven't been on them for ages as they move too quickly for a part timer like me. wink
Also got some fab quality kids P.J. cheap as chips on there too.

Thanks Reastie. thanks

Altinkum Sat 02-Nov-13 21:54:30

Ds1 Xbox, got him a 250gb Xbox with FIFA 14 last month for £144.

The console itself is still currently selling at £160.

Also a lovely friend have me the imaginext batman cave and toy sets to match for completely free.

snappybadger Sat 02-Nov-13 21:56:07

Mine is the Tidlo wooden kitchen that I got at the amazing all time low price of £53 (saving about £20) by using camelcamelcamel price watch.

My favourite bargain from the bargain thread isn't Christmassy but it was the Joules wellies for the £10 subscription to Country Living. Love those boots smile

nurseneedshelp Sat 02-Nov-13 22:01:29

I managed to get two Samsung tablets today for £109 each from Argos and received a £20 voucher.
They normally retail at £140 each, not a massive saving but I'm happy!

Shosha1 Sat 02-Nov-13 22:02:41

A watch for DH from Amazon. Should gave been almost £400.00 and I got it for £77.00

A coat for DDil should have been 120.00 got it for 30.00

Kindle fire for DS at 99.00 instead of 109.00

All the DGD's things I got a sale prices as well. But I have been buying all year smile

A DKNY purse for my sister for £12

nickdrakeslovechild Sat 02-Nov-13 23:01:13

Either the £12 gadget robot (usually £40), elc cupcake collection £16 (usually £65) Or happyland circus £3.00!!
I have not paid full price for anything this year.

DTisMYdoctor Sun 03-Nov-13 19:49:05

Christmas has been bargain filled this year thanks to the thread and things like topcashback. I'd earned almost £100 on topcashback which I took as M&S vouchers and this will pay for Christmas dinner. I don't use tesco a lot, but the few club card points I had amassed got me £40 of power rangers/imaginext toys for free. Managed to get pretty much all of DS's toys at lowest ever prices thanks to camelcamel and earned about £100 of amazon vouchers via credit card points which paid for a whack of them. So almost £250 of free stuff plus around another £100+ in savings. grin

PopGoesTheWeeble Sun 03-Nov-13 20:20:29

how did you get the happyland circus for £3 Nick drake?!

I have cherry the cat. Purchased on Amazon for £18 instead of £50.

I also did the 40% off sale price at bodyshop. Spent £40 instead of £150

And today I purchased the Murad book with lots of freebies, iirc £174 for £11 delivered.

Sainsbury toy sale was disappointing here although I did pick up £54 worth of stationery books, key rings, folders etc and paid under £20.

I'm happy with my bargins smile

nickdrakeslovechild Sun 03-Nov-13 21:12:45

PopGoesTheWeeble it was back in January when elc were having a clear out (I started my christmas shopping really really early) and they were also letting you stack codes. IIRC it was £6 then went reduced again then a 20% off which mothercare matched then a birthday club code. They have all got wise now and wont let you stack codes any more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now