Minecraft - is there much difference between the iPad app and the Xbox game?

(15 Posts)
bodiddly Sat 02-Nov-13 21:21:34

That is a good price wheretoyougonow but we already have the Xbox fortunately!

LingDiLong Sat 02-Nov-13 17:04:00

What age is minecraft appropriate for? My nearly 7 year old mentioned it the other day, I don't think he's every played it but perhaps he's heard about it in the playground.

somethingwillturnup Sat 02-Nov-13 16:33:18

wheretoyougonow do you have a link? I can't find it on their website

Angrybudda Fri 01-Nov-13 23:33:32

I have a Minecraft mad child. Just found a Minecraft Annual in Asda for £4, a fantastic stocking filler for your Minecraft mad kids. Just in case it is of interest to anyone!

wheretoyougonow Fri 01-Nov-13 21:16:38

There is a brilliant deal at Argos at the mo. Xbox + minecraft+ FIFA 14 £159. And you will get a £15 live voucher and ten pound Argos voucher!

bodiddly Fri 01-Nov-13 21:10:50

Thank you everyone - I think I will see if his aunt wants to get it for him on Xbox then. He will love it!

Sheeparefluffy Fri 01-Nov-13 19:03:50

DS says 'xbox game is much better'

Isildur Fri 01-Nov-13 18:31:00

Oh, and if you already have an xbox, I think the PC and X box versions are pretty similar.

Isildur Fri 01-Nov-13 18:29:39

The iPad version is like Minecraft 'Lite'.

The £17 PC version is amazing, best money we've ever spent. Updates are freely available and everything, and you can install/access it from any number of machines.

petmyunicorn Fri 01-Nov-13 18:24:31

Um, we are minecraft geeks. Nothing beats the PC version, but the iPad one is certainly easy for little hands and convinient. The Xbox version is better than the iPad - bigger worlds, more monsters, more gameplay possibilities. Still not as good as the PC, but definitely great.

SoupDragon Fri 01-Nov-13 18:21:40

I'm told that the XBox one is better.

SheldonsMeeMaw Fri 01-Nov-13 18:20:49

Dd2 has it on her iPad but apparently hmm it's much better on the Xbox.

So now I'm looking for good deals on a Xbox <sigh>

wonderingsoul Fri 01-Nov-13 18:09:11

its not the same, ds best friend has it on the computer and i have seen both.. personally i think xbox is better.

LegoAcupuncture Fri 01-Nov-13 18:06:12

Ds1 has minecraft both for the xbox and PC and he says they are different. He isn't here ATM though for me to ask <helpful>

bodiddly Fri 01-Nov-13 18:04:49

My ds has recently started playing minecraft on the iPad and he loves it. He has largely been in the creative game rather than survival but I think he would enjoy that if he gave it a go.

Is it worth getting the game on Xbox or is it the same as the app?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now