I'm back from poundland..

(41 Posts)
TessCackle Thu 31-Oct-13 14:12:45

Again grin with led lights that are 1m each. So sweet, I picked up the stocking shape ones,icicles and snow flakes.
I'm definitely going back for more tomorrow.

Also! They have even more disney lunch boxes, and most importantly, toy story mugs!! I bought a woody for my DD's stocking smile

Well im off to town in morning and will have a nosy grin

A friend of mine lives near a 94p shop. ..I feel like I'm being ripped off in poundland now wink

Just a word of warning about the make up. ..most of it is out of date. ..not such a problem with nail polish but I wouldn't risk eye shadow etc

Did you see the documentary on pound land v 99p shop. They said all the good stuff is in the first few feet of the doors, they don't make money on that stuff. The greater margin of profit is the further back into the store.

I now only shop at the front of the store

bigTillyMint Sat 02-Nov-13 10:34:57

When I was a student, back in the Dark Ages, there was a 15 and 20p shop!

TessCackle Sat 02-Nov-13 15:35:45

I did a bad thing.. I went back. Giant gold bells. Giant red bows. Strings of shiny beady things. A felt merry Christmas banner. So many lovely tacky things blush

mummytime Sat 02-Nov-13 15:52:38

Not all bargains are in the first few feet. I got a book for £1 last year that is still on Amazon for £8.00 ish.

mathanxiety Sat 02-Nov-13 23:34:06

I cried when the closest one to me closed recently [boohoo]. The next one is twice as packed too as a result.

AwimbaweAwimbawe Sun 03-Nov-13 00:33:24

The eye shadows are perfectly fine

lizardqueenie Sun 03-Nov-13 21:04:29

I just bought a load of 3 for £1 party bag filler things but they would be equally great stocking fillers - little notepads- colouring sets mini robots/ puzzles. All in little pink or blue packages

lucysmam Sun 03-Nov-13 21:23:07

they had perpetual advent calendars in our local one yesterday! I got a Christmas tree one, dd1 wants me to go back for a present one for her class at school too grin

TessCackle Sun 03-Nov-13 21:26:57

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who loves poundland. I'm considering going again tomorrow to the other one (2 on one high st) just incase there's different stuff!!

lucysmam Sun 03-Nov-13 21:28:44

I'm the same Tess, pop in every time I'm in town just in case there's something new in! They had a 'nail bar' too that was new, loads of different polishes, nail art stickers etc.....may have to try something out tomorrow evening grin

TessCackle Sun 03-Nov-13 21:53:08

lucys ooh I want a nail bar!! One of my two better bloody have one smile

lucysmam Sun 03-Nov-13 21:57:08

It was in Poundland...wasn't there on Tuesday when I went in with my girls, was there yesterday when I went in with dp. Totally new display so maybe they're doing them everywhere smile

TessCackle Sun 03-Nov-13 22:03:19

I hope so! Would be nice to get some bits for my friends/sisters Christmas bundles.

Svrider Mon 04-Nov-13 07:13:01

This thread is great
Thanks for all the Xmas stocking ideas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now