Homemade gifts - what do you REALLY think?

(77 Posts)
Splatt34 Wed 30-Oct-13 09:31:22

OK so I'm on mat leave which means 2 things, I have a bit more time on my hands than usual & cash is a bit tighter. I have also become slightly addicted to pinterest.

I am thinking of making story stones & cookie jars for the few pre schoolers we normally gift too. But if your DC received would you think I was being tight (receivers are DCs of my best friends and DN). My DD will be receiving too.

PS - if you don't know story stones have pictures on (ie tree, castle, boy, animal, house, rainbow etc etc) & the child makes up stories as they pull them out of bag.
Cookie jars contain all the dry ingredients to make a batch of cookies.

Coconutty Sun 03-Nov-13 10:30:32

I'm not keen on home made food, but then I could never buy anything home made from a fete or market etc.

I would appreciate the thought though but think if things are very tight would they want you to spend money on them buying ingredients/paints etc? I wouldn't like to think that you've gone without to make me something.

notanyanymore Sun 03-Nov-13 10:32:20

i think they sound like lovely presents, my children would certainly be very pleased.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now