8 and nearly 11 year old too old for scooters?

(29 Posts)
onlysettleforbutterflies Tue 29-Oct-13 16:30:16

We were planning on getting all 3 children a scooter for Christmas, thought it would be nice to all have the same (similar) and could imagine them using them when we're at the park etc. DP has just checked with my DSD's mum (the older two) if they already have them and she replied that they outgrew them years ago sad.

Should we scrap this idea then?

They are a recognised make though, so wont be rubbish, it really depends on what you expect them to do with them. The only analogy I can give is that a Fiat 500 car is brilliant for driving about town and getting into small spaces, but if you want to go and herd sheep with it then you'd be better with a land rover, it's horses for courses iyswim?

onlysettleforbutterflies Thu 31-Oct-13 11:57:45

Thanks soontobe, will see what dp thinks.

clary Thu 31-Oct-13 12:07:17

My 10 yo is mad for his jd bug stunt scooter and has asked for new wheels and a new clamp for it for Christmas.

It cost £50 (reduced on Amazon from £100 shock) but worth it IMO. I agree with others, fixed ie not foldable stunt scooters are the best bet.

onlysettleforbutterflies Thu 09-Jan-14 14:34:59

Scooters were a big hit and a fab new weekend activity that all 3 children can do together. Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now