Christmas Eve hampers/boxes

(15 Posts)

What do you use to contain all the various accoutrements? A normal scabby cardboard box? Something fancier? Help!

TheDrugsDontWork Sun 27-Oct-13 12:34:26

What about a wicker hamper/box? Then you can arrange everything inside, maybe line it first with material (perhaps red/red check as it's for Christmas?) and you could add a ribbon. I think if you Google you should find some inspiration thlsmile

TheDrugsDontWork Sun 27-Oct-13 12:35:42

I meant wicker BASKET/box, not hamper!

makemineapinot Sun 27-Oct-13 13:07:18

The elves judt leave a gift bag with the pjs, dvd etc all wrapped up and the guft label reminds them to go to bed early!

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Sun 27-Oct-13 13:17:58

I'm putting the my DCs Christmas Eve stuff in a big Christmas gift bag from home bargains. Annual each, chocolate Santa, Christmas socks, reindeer food and a "voucher" for takeaway pizza for tea. Oh and a note from the elves advising them the quicker they go to bed and then to sleep that night the quicker it will be Christmas Day.

fuzzpig Sun 27-Oct-13 13:19:28

I've heard TK Maxx has nice Christmassy boxes

raisah Sun 27-Oct-13 13:20:47

www.homebargains.co.uk/products/5836-christmas-luxury-hamper-basket.aspx

www.bakerross.co.uk/festive-cellophane-rolls

these are what I bought to present my hampers and I finished them off with a bow

OVOntToSuckYourBlood Sun 27-Oct-13 13:31:09

Big cardboard box that I wrap in nice Christmas paper. I can't find a big enough box that doesn't cost ££ so I have to do it that way.

BiddyPop Sun 27-Oct-13 14:01:00

I have a somewhat Christmassy storage box that holds decorations most of the yer but is usefully empty over Christmas, so I use that. Just big enough now that there are 3 pairs pjs to include, but dd knows that is from me anyway so no fear of getting caught out.

MamaBear17 Sun 27-Oct-13 14:17:31

I've got a Christmas ornament storage box fronm Dunhelm. Cost £3.50 and is decorated with snowmen x

I've bought the gorgeous Christmas boxes from Homesense / TKMaxx the last couple of years. They are strong enough to store things in after.

This year I bought some plastic wicker-look baskets from Dainsburys (50% off) so they can be used as waste paper bins or similar after.

Large roll of cellophane to wrap it up and a ribbon on top smile

Some brilliant ideas! Have bought that basket, raisah, and now hold you responsible for the fact I've just sunk £50 on more presents, too blush

Thank you all!

raisah Mon 28-Oct-13 14:19:34

You are very welcome! I am very glad that a little girl will be happy playing dress up on Christmas day!

smile

raisah Mon 28-Oct-13 14:53:25

Haha just realised that I mixed 2 threads up! Someone else wanted a basket for their dds dressing up box & I mentioned this basket too.

Anyway I hope the basket is appreciated & I hope you got one for yourself to keep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now