so it's only..........part deux

(211 Posts)

into the last two months.
It's now TWO MONTHS people grin

fuzzpig Thu 28-Nov-13 15:16:36

I wouldn't be afraid to cut out some things if you feel your DD needs to, cheesy smile my DD can be quite sensitive and easily overwhelmed so I have been known to cry off the odd thing (not things where her absence would affect others though obviously)

Had a really nice time with DH today, getting a few more bits and pieces like Xmas eve jammies and mostly stuff for the DCs' nativity outfits! DS is being a king, pretty simple really (and found some gorgeous not to mention cheap purple velvet for a cape) but DD is being a blackbird?!? So I'll be trying to change a baseball cap into a head/beak grin

TheXmasLogIn Thu 28-Nov-13 15:52:22

Fuzzpig I wonder if our DC go to the same school, my DS is a robin in his nativity and his best friend is a dove confused either that or there are lots of bird themed plays happening this year!

fuzzpig Thu 28-Nov-13 16:35:59

<narrows eyes at LogIn> grin

Good Luck with the Black Friday Bargainsgrin

(I need to get myself off to bed now, I'm taking DH shopping today ) grin

DH and I went shopping today , spent a lovely peaceful day mooching round. Had lunch (not in Maccy D or KFC grin which would be DS choice).

Just realised there aren't a load of shopping weekends left <<gulp>>

Next week we're doing birthday stuff.
Then the DC shopping trip the week after (oh joy. DS would rather eat his spleen)
Then the weekend before Christmas it's Kew Gardens.

Getting near <<wooooo>>

BiddyPop Fri 29-Nov-13 22:34:27

Dd and I are sitting watching the Late Late Toy Show, an institution from my own childhood. DH is gone to bed in recovery from an awards ceremony in London last night, which meant not getting to bed until 5am - he's a bit long in the tooth for that! But he did eat with us when he got off the airport bus. Poor lamb.

Oh the excitement from DD though....

I don't think you have an equivalent in the UK.

cheesypastaplease Sat 30-Nov-13 07:40:11

Tomorrow it's December folks!! Our elf will be arriving with a basket of goodies for dcs. I can't wait! MiL has made us a fabric advent calendar so that will be going up too.

Santa is literally coming to town tonight, he is switching on our towns lights! Along with a Christmas market and parade, should be lovely. Anyone else got plans?

fuzzpig Sat 30-Nov-13 07:58:30

Biddy I'm really curious about the late late toy show!?

Cheesy - I don't think we had a big lights ceremony this year (not that I ever go anyway - far too busy), but the mall is being inhabited by...

<drum roll>

Moshi monsters. hmm

fuzzpig Sat 30-Nov-13 08:01:22

And no, no plans, DH is off work and we will have a quiet day. Most of the Xmas preparations stay pretty much 'behind the scenes' until much later in the month, my DCs get plenty of build up from school and would be totally off the ceiling if we did stuff at home this early!

BiddyPop Sat 30-Nov-13 10:46:20

The late late show is the Friday night chat, entertainment and debate show, which is over 50 years old I believe. But every year since I was small it became a magical wonderland of toys, kids demonstrating them in funny or precocious ways, a train of bikes and scooters across the studio, a slot about books, and lots of talented kids singing, playing music or acting during the night too. Gay Byrne used to present it and was a great old grandad type figure with the kids, then Pat Kenny (commonly known as Pat the Plank) who was as wooden and stilted, and now Ryan Tubridy, who is a big kid himself and wears mad Christmas jumpers every year. It's chaos and mayhem, things go wrong, kids cry, kids are funny , the. Audience gets loads of free stuff,

D loves it, and is still fascinated that we would both watch it when we were small too. It's just an institution in Ireland, almost everyone watches it even when they won,t admit it grin

BiddyPop Sat 30-Nov-13 10:50:03

Dd has the advent calendars up this morning, all 3! My mum made a refillable one a few years back , and I bought a pictures and nativity story one as well. But DD conned the au pair into buying a chocolate one in Lidl this week, little minx.

She's gone to Gaelic training thank goodness, as she's hopping off the ceiling with excitement today. We have to brave the city centre later, to get DH passport photos done right, buy dd a guitar for her birthday present, and I might get a few more small things.

And apparently there will be fireworks to open the Christmas market in our town tonight, we might get there...

fuzzpig Sat 30-Nov-13 11:52:00

That sounds like a fun show biddy, thanks for explaining grin

Pinch Punch
It's December grin

We're in the home straits now. Happy Advent grin

cheesypastaplease Sun 01-Dec-13 07:54:32

Happy 1st December!!

We are watching Arthur Christmas snuggled in dcs new blankets. Dd was mostly excited about the elf arriving back, I love how much she believes in it all!

tchgrin we have festive smilies tchgrin tchgrin tchgrin

fuzzpig Sun 01-Dec-13 14:50:49

I have spent the weekend doing the nativity costumes!

(And I'm secretly counting down how many more Mondays I have to endure this year.

2nd/9th/16th. I finish work on the Thursday 19th. DC on the 20th )

tchsmile But very busy and have lots of hard work to do <<Solemn Face>>

cheesypastaplease Mon 02-Dec-13 06:44:06

I am on holiday this week. fsmile fsmile

I'm heading up to town today to get a few bits for Christmas Eve hamper and some new craft bits for dc.

cheesypastaplease Mon 02-Dec-13 17:51:33

So I think putting the Christmas tree up yesterday was a bad move. I have found almost 2 year old eating numerous candy canes, even with them being up high and them still having a wrapper on, and I just found him trying to use the garlic crusher on the tree lights!! Just as well he's so cute or I'd be losing my mind! fsmile

50shadesofknackered Tue 03-Dec-13 06:21:23

I'm deep cleaning the house this week (not the most fun way to spend my annual leave) and putting the tree up and other decorations on Friday. Can't wait!! fgrin

in 3 weeks time:

we'll be ready
the living room door will be papered over for the DC to burst through
DH will remember to charge the camera
the DC presents will be elegantly and artfully wrapped (oh, yes)
their stockings will be deposited at the foot of their beds

And just maybe, it will snow.

nickdrakeslovechild Wed 04-Dec-13 08:27:16

70, that sounds perfect!

cheesypastaplease Wed 04-Dec-13 09:09:46

That sounds fab 70s, I can't believe it's only 3 weeks!

This morning I found ds behind the tree eating the chocolates from dd's advent calendar - he is a wee monkey! Dd is now not talking to him, and asked the elf for a new brother!!

nickdrakeslovechild Thu 05-Dec-13 08:29:01

20. i'm off to Lincoln Christmas market today. So excited I didn't sleep last night. fblush

fuzzpig Thu 05-Dec-13 17:06:30

DD is very excited. Yesterday she asked me to teach her piano (I've waited for her to ask as I didn't want to push her) and she has been practising with a new book set I got on the book people (£3 instead of £15)... and she's discovered a simple version of jingle bells a little further on so she's determined to learn it by Xmas! grin

I'll be honest even before we started our family I always dreamed of sharing the piano with my future DCs - I don't know who is more excited, her or me!

The only problem is now she wants to practise all evening she's hogging it and I wanna play angry grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now