so it's only..........part deux

(211 Posts)

into the last two months.
It's now TWO MONTHS people grin

OddBoots Mon 04-Nov-13 07:17:00

I think it's time for me to start in earnest, I've bought a few bits but it's time to make a list!

fuzzpig Mon 04-Nov-13 07:38:08

It feels like it was only a few days ago that it was 100! Can't believe it's 50 tomorrow.

I wrote lots of lists yesterday (but had to remember to hide the notebook now DD can read well)

Have you noticed the number of Christmas adverts on the TV now?

Hallowe'en is over, get past the Guy Fawkes week, then it's full blast.

cheesypastaplease Tue 05-Nov-13 06:39:57

50 winkwinkwink

I made up a Christmas playlist on iPod last night, made me feel all festive - it can't go on until 1st December though.

70s I haven't seen christmas adverts yet, the season will begin when I see the coke one!

My mil showed me her new metal Christmas tree the other day. I'm surprised to say that it's lovely - she did not give me a good description so had me imagining an awful looking thing. And then I'll get her lovely big old tree. When are you all putting your trees up?

nickdrakeslovechild Tue 05-Nov-13 17:22:25

I got all my decorations down from the loft today, just checking all the lights work ect. I always put our decorations up on the 1st Dec. So excited this year so waiting until then is going to kill me. Now my DD is a bit older this year I have got the elf on the shelf and doing a December hamper for her to bring (our elf is a girl). Didn't realise I had bought so many books so its more like a December bookcase then a December hamper!

cheesypastaplease Wed 06-Nov-13 06:42:43

Nicks - I think we'll put ours up on the 1st too as it's the only weekend dh will have off in December hmm.

fuzzpig Wed 06-Nov-13 08:22:51

I'm not sure when we will put ours up. It's always after my birthday (7th) and actually it's usually not until around the time school finishes. Although that's partly due to general disorganisation.

We are doing really well decluttering this year so hoping to have a much nicer living room to decorate, and also hoping to gather together all decorations and assess exactly what we've got, as due to a few difficult years and all the stuff my parents brought from their attic, it is in various boxes all over the house confused

BiddyPop Wed 06-Nov-13 08:31:04

I managed to get the study superficially cleared out over the weekend, but not deep cleaned. Enough for DH to work there this week at night!

I also bought my first batch of cards yesterday, now that the charity ones ar finally out. Why couldn't that have been before my trip 2 weeks ago when I had 4 hours to kill in airports and on planes?! Oh well, I didn't want to get M&S or Hallmark generic ones, and have managed to get naive hospice and children's hospital ones (I often miss the nice ones and get the dregs).

My Christmas pudding jumper should arrive today or tomorrow.

An I got a few as all things at the weekend at a local craft fair, including a nice jewelry set for 1 DSis that I have in the KK. (I should only have 1, but the concensus amongst siblings was to add spouses this yesr, but my spouse doesn't really want to get into it so I'll end up buying for both the DSzis that we drew between us). I know what I am getting for the other though, a GHD. I might add nice perfume to the jewelry, poor girl has had me buying for her 3 of the 5 years we've been doing this so I am running out of nice ideas for her.

Lots of shops put out Christmas displays over the weekend as well, and the weather has cooled so it feels quite nicely Wintery! grin

BiddyPop Wed 06-Nov-13 08:32:46

Oh, and getting a great lesson on St Peter from the authors collaborating at the table next to me in the coffee shop. Not quite what you expect here (mostly politics, economics or seriously high finance and business- but still, it's different!) smile

nickdrakeslovechild Wed 06-Nov-13 08:45:46

It's cold here today, so as I am in the house on my own all day I have put my Christmas jumper on! Anyone want to bet this will be the day one of the neighbours pops round. They already think I am mad!

nickdrakeslovechild Thu 07-Nov-13 10:06:33

Cor, time is ticking on by.
I'm going to try to get a shed load of Christmas stuff tomorrow (weekends are a nightmare now for shopping)

Need to dive into M&S and Primark while the DC are at school.

fuzzpig Thu 07-Nov-13 20:22:14

Today I went to the Christmas Shop in London Bridge grin

It was small but lovely and I'm glad I went. Found a stocking (needed one) and some gorgeous miniature nativity decorations - I really want to focus on the nativity story in the lead up to Xmas this year. There's a lovely new picture book (by M Eliot if anyone's interested) so I'm thinking of giving that with the tree decorations. But don't want to mix it in with the Xmas eve stuff as I think it'll be too much. So thinking about the nativity stuff appearing on the day we put the tree up? What do you reckon?

Anyway, I was also ecstatic to find a lovely tree decoration which I've got for DH's stocking, in the shape of...

SHERLOCK HOLMES!!!

It is so cute grin

I've got another hospital appt in two weeks so I am planning to hit a few particular shops in London. Going to start another thread to ask for tips, as London shopping is not something I'm used to!

Are you going to be up for shopping after a hospital appointment fuzzpig ?
How long are you waiting around for?

(But the thought of a lovely festive shopping trip might keep you going)

fuzzpig Thu 07-Nov-13 23:47:44

Yeah it's all good thanks 70 thanks, the sessions are just talking for around 50mins and although I'm in Sussex the journey in is actually really pleasant. I've been doing stuff after each one since summer hols (when my parents and I took DD to some galleries), it's a nice excuse to do something different as I don't really go into London otherwise smile

London is gorgeous at Chistmas time.
Do you like Covent Garden? It's lovely to wander about in.

(But not if the lifts are Out of Order. It's about a million steps } shock

cheesypastaplease Fri 08-Nov-13 07:07:32

I went to my favourite shop Poundland yesterday. DH was getting annoyed that I was in there for so long. I got loads including a snowman countdown sign in homage to this thread! I also got led lights and advent calendars - a jake and the pirates one for ds who will be delighted.

Dh got some chocolate which ds and I ate when we got home - dh is not impressed.

fuzzpig Fri 08-Nov-13 08:01:13

Convent garden is lovely. Haven't been in years! Will add it to the list grin

fuzzpig Fri 08-Nov-13 08:02:30

DH went to our local poundland yesterday - I'd read on another thread that some have Hey Arnold DVDs... no luck here though sad

cheesypastaplease Fri 08-Nov-13 09:23:24

Fuzz - I'll have a look for you next time I'm in, and it won't be long!! I haven't heard of Hey Arnold in years, I might get a copy for dc. Hope your health is good x

50shadesofknackered Fri 08-Nov-13 09:36:22

I bought lots of stuff yesterday for the dc's, all for delivery so I didn't have to brave the shops with loads of bags. I just have to make space, where it won't be discovered before Christmas now. Still got lots to buy but I'm very excited that I've started! I'll have it all done by the end of the month, then I can enjoy December.

Shopping trip today (after the excitement of buying a set of tyres grin )

Got some nice placemats for Christmas

A glass bowl for my Christmas sweets (to sit artfully on the coffeetable until DS plunders them)

And , AND ... IKEA have Mini Daim Bars again grin grin grin

But I was looking for a snuggly chocolate brown jumper, preferably in chenille. I found snuggly. I found chenille. I found nothing in chocolate brown.
<<sigh>>

I'm taking DD out for some Girlie Shopping grin

Possibly London, possibly Westfield White City (she doesn't like Stratford City Westfields) .

Ooohh the joy, chasing her round Primark .--And carrying my own bodyweight in clothes home--

DD and I went to White City Westfields.
Lots of designer shops.

I was [shocked] that DD only came home with a shirt
I bought a jumper

(Probably didn't buy much because we went by train)

I've been.
Don't think I'll make the journey again TBH.

marssparklesdownonme Sun 10-Nov-13 08:42:52

70 you might like to try this!smile www.signejohansen.com/?p=705 its one of our favourites. We use Milka with Daim when we can get it and cover with that or ordnary diam bars broken up in melted chocolate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now