ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

so it's only..........part deux

(211 Posts)

into the last two months.
It's now TWO MONTHS people grin

and I'm watching the QVC Yankee Candle TSV (Todays Special Value)

Hmmmmmmmmmm, deciding whether to buy.

cheesypastaplease Mon 28-Oct-13 06:10:26

Lentil - I'm in Scotland, where are you moving too?

Angus - so you'll have a lovely new baby for Christmas! If you do go into labour whilst shopping try to time it so it's a good shop rather than Poundland!

I survived dd's party!! I even made the cake myself - something I've never done before. So I'm going to try something from nigella's Christmas book this year. I envision myself with a lovely gingham apron dishing out lovely cakes and pastries to guests who pop in, however reality is I will send dh down to tesco as I will have burnt everything after hitting the wine too early!!

fuzzpig Mon 28-Oct-13 11:22:41

70 I was just remembering your board game thread - have you chosen one yet? I haven't.

I haven't chosen one yet fuzzpig I'm going to have to Google all the suggestions (I haven't heard of 99% of them. I am very out of touch blush )

I didn't buy the Yankee Candles but DD and I spent a while in House of Fraser sniffing them grin

LentilAsAnyFUCKERthing Mon 28-Oct-13 23:34:48

pasta, we are already in Dundee, we moved fast for DH's job so renting until we complete and can buy. Where are you?

Booked the Santa train, and bought some stocking fillers online, starting to feel more organised.

We also need a board game, thinking maybe snakes and ladders. A classic.

cheesypastaplease Tue 29-Oct-13 07:10:20

Lentil - we are near Inverness so ages from you! Fingers crossed you get into house before Christmas.

LentilAsAnyFUCKERthing Tue 29-Oct-13 21:31:48

Thanks! The days are going too fast, slooooowwww down please!

I need to start doing lists.
Lists and lists.
Food
Menus
Things To Get

Especially those little fiddly things that when you have mega bags of shopping you really CBA queuing twenty minutes for.

DH and I have our shopping trip in November
We take the DC out (usually London) to see the lights, but they don't really do shopping.

A trip to Lakeside or Bluewater to do shopping.

DD and I have ballet booked
DC have Young Driver
We're going to Kew Gardens for their Walk By Light.

Sometimes it's easier just to plough on with it myself grin

(Oh and there's online shopping of course)

BiddyPop Wed 30-Oct-13 08:34:31

We have a day of various shopping stops on our way home from Belfast today. Sensory space stuff for DD, Lakeland and hopefully home bargains, and then Sainsbugs for a supermarket shop to stock up. Yesterday was W5 and Titanic museum, really interesting but so much walking!

I must order my Christmas pudding jumper from next, as it's not in store anywhere. But DD's reindeer top turned up.

I need to look at my lists and rethink them, for what is left to do. But progress is being made!

50shadesofknackered Thu 31-Oct-13 06:20:20

Have a fun Halloween everyone grin

cheesypastaplease Thu 31-Oct-13 19:23:12

Happy halloween everyone! Just back from guising with the dcs - first time they've ever been out and dd has announced that "Halloween is great". I think it's got a lot to do with all the sweets!

I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday. Just need to get a couple of boxes of chocolates and that's me. I have never been this organised before!

I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday

La La La not hearing this. Fingers in ears.
In complete denial that it's 55 days.
grin
Or thlgrin because the smileys will go soon.

I might try to sneak out next week (without the DC - they'll be back at school). Weekends are getting to be nightmares now for shopping.

<<Lakeland Limited Catalogue arrived today. I know it's been online for weeks, but I like the paper>>
Aaaaahhhhh.

fuzzpig Thu 31-Oct-13 19:55:56

We've had a lovely Halloween! Very low key as nobody ToTs round here (very few children in our close). We've done loads of spooky cake decorating and silly food and drink - first time I've managed so much and I feel really positive about doing the same at Xmas now. Also managed to paint pumpkins on DD's tiny fingernails. DD watching Nightmare before Xmas before bed. I have a feeling that some elements of today will become Halloween traditions smile

evem123 Thu 31-Oct-13 23:08:18

Aww fuzzpig thats lovely! Ive done most of my shopping allready as saved up with park and considering ds bday is boxing day there was alot to do. Tommorow ds is of to the cinema with his mates so I might sneak into town and do the rest, last week I saw christma lights being put up so hopefully everwhere is nice and christmassy

and "Pinch Punch"

cheesypastaplease Fri 01-Nov-13 07:40:01

It's November people! One more month until advent starts. I've had the 1st December hamper packed and ready to go for weeks now!

Ok I think I was getting ahead of myself. I've just realised I've forgotten I need to get presents for some friends dcs - so I'm almost finished!

50shadesofknackered Fri 01-Nov-13 16:23:11

Does anyone know where can I get some nice boxes or hampers for my Christmas hampers? I havn't done this before but it's such a lovely idea i've had to steal it do them this year.

50Shades

HomeSense (household side of TKMaxx) or TKMaxx itself have gorgeous boxes. Cardboard , lidded , patterened inside and out. Had to stop myself stroking them today in Homesense

I've bought them the past 2 years but because they are so gorgeous and sturdy you need to keep them and put things in them.
One currantly holds black socks grin

This year I've bought plastic wicker type baskets to wrap in cellophane and ribbon.
They can get re-used as waste baskets.

50shadesofknackered Fri 01-Nov-13 19:38:16

Thanks 70 I'll get them tomorrow and the things to put in them. Can't wait smile

nickdrakeslovechild Fri 01-Nov-13 20:52:33

I'm heading into town tomorrow for only the 3rd or 4th time this year and soooo excited. Now Halloween is over its Christmas all the way!

<<singing "Sleigh ride" in my head for some reason.
"Oh yes it's lovely weather for a sleighride together with you" >>

cheesypastaplease Sat 02-Nov-13 09:38:43

50s try Poundland as well. Last year I got disney cardboard boxes from there for hampers, I'm reusing them again this year.

I LOVE Poundland!!

50shadesofknackered Sat 02-Nov-13 16:12:20

I never think about poundland, I'll have a look. Thanks

tra la la grin

cheesypastaplease Mon 04-Nov-13 07:02:36

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now