It's now TWO MONTHS people grin

GillyBillyWilly Fri 25-Oct-13 11:00:52

EXCITED.

Jdub Fri 25-Oct-13 11:45:46

REALLY REALLY REALLY EXCITED!!!!!

GillyBillyWilly Fri 25-Oct-13 12:07:45

61 days to go!

fuzzpig Fri 25-Oct-13 12:21:53

Salutations Christmas people grin thanks for the new thread 70, and a big well done for filling up the old thread ever so neatly wink

It might not be a round number today BUT it is exactly two months so I think it's perfect!

cheesypastaplease Fri 25-Oct-13 12:28:14

Hello there Christmas people - it's buzzgirl here.

How exciting we're onto thread 2, and it's only 2 months until the big day.

I am busy preparing for dd's birthday party, there are 28 kids coming - I must be mad!

Quick question - we really don't like Christmas cake here, anyone got any other good recipes for non fruit but fancyish cakes?

LentilAsAnyFUCKERthing Fri 25-Oct-13 17:08:05

Hello, All.

buzzpasta, we don't know if we will be in by Xmas. We are selling in England, buying in Scotland. Scotland ties you in sooner, whereas in the rest of the UK, a buyer can pull out last minute, so we aren't going to offer in Scotland until our England house is actually sold with the money in our account. So, depends if the England sale goes through fast. Fingers crossed. The Scottish seller can be out fast, he tells us. So there is a chance. And ha, one of the first things I said to DH when we viewed the house was 'ooh, the tree would look great here!' smile

Pinterest is your friend for fancy Xmas cakes! We don't like fruitcake either.

Two months! Woo! Though it feels like it is going way too fast!

MuffCakes Fri 25-Oct-13 17:09:04

So who's ready for Christmas?

GillyBillyWilly Fri 25-Oct-13 17:24:15

I've bought presents for our 2 nieces and 2 nephews already - they are sorted! smile
Also bought a pressie for my SIL.

That's all so far... LOTS still to do!

TessCackle Fri 25-Oct-13 17:30:21

Why have I not found these threads before?! So glad other people are as excited as me!

I have bought everything on my list for DD and for one of my sisters. Everyone else to go now blush

Any exciting decorations?

nickdrakeslovechild Fri 25-Oct-13 20:23:04

TessCackle B&M have some lovely old fashioned glass style baubles in £2.99 a box or 2 for £5. They are smaller versions of the ones my mum and nanna had. I am all done, we have a huge annual party for about 40 people and all the kiddies get presents and my LO birthday in December so its a bit expensive if I leave it late. Just planning the food and fun things now.

TessCackle Fri 25-Oct-13 20:44:02

Thank you Nick thanks

I know how you feel, dd is 3 in less than a month so I started shopping in the spring!

LentilAsAnyFUCKERthing Fri 25-Oct-13 21:10:07

I'm not ready. I feel in limbo, for starters, with the not knowing where we will be yet. And I haven't bought much for DS as our current home is small and there are no hiding places for anything big. But I have a good idea or what to get, so hopefully once I know one way or another re our living situation, I can just buy quickly, and be done.

I'm also dithering about a tree. I'd quite like to invest in a really good quality fake one, just hard to tell without seeing one up close, as opposed to just online.

How old is your DD, Tess?

MuffCakes Fri 25-Oct-13 21:23:04

I have ordered a few bits but nowhere near started really. Next pay day I'm going to try do the majority so I'm not rushing around in December.

fuzzpig Fri 25-Oct-13 22:00:44

I am not physically ready but I feel serene and excited about it at the same time! I know pretty much what we will be getting, the plans for the season and the day itself are taking shape and we are getting the house properly, fully decluttered thanks to the minimalism crew over on the Good Housekeeping board grin

LentilAsAnyFUCKERthing Sat 26-Oct-13 00:06:55

I definitely do not want to be rushing around in December, yuck!

Serene and excited, I like that! I used to be on the minimalism threads, just started trying to be on MN a little less and minimalised that too! smile But definitely working towards being a minimalist, except for December when all the baubles and stuff come out. That sounds like a good compromise - clear and clutter free January to November, Christmasmonth: deck the halls.

LentilAsAnyFUCKERthing Sat 26-Oct-13 00:09:27

Completely missed the two posts above my previous post, how odd. Ignore my question, Tess! DS has just turned three. Starting to feel like this Christmas will be really amazing with his understanding of it all, I am so excited thinking about him and Xmas this year.

TessCackle Sat 26-Oct-13 00:48:53

Lentil that's ok grin, I feel the three year old magic this year too!! I'm going to do the intricate bits of the tree the weekend after her birthday she's at dads then let her hang baubles etc. I can't wait!! She's asked to do a pumpkin next week too which will be... Interesting blush

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Sat 26-Oct-13 01:32:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GillyBillyWilly Sat 26-Oct-13 08:27:43

60 days!!!!!!!! smile

Christmas shopping @ 38weeks.
Respect wink

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Sat 26-Oct-13 13:06:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AChristmassyJerseySpud Sat 26-Oct-13 14:11:19

I have my Christmas Spud on so time to get going :D

You might Angus but IME they get you through checkout as quick as possible just in case they need to do the "Hot Water , Soap and a Towel" routine.

(I had DS in the December before the Millenium. I was in Sainsburys the day before his due date. The lady on the checkout asked "Millenium Baby?"

I said "No, Tomorrow Baby . Due date tomorrow" (she looked shock and I'm sure she started scanning faster. "But he hasn't moved down or engaged so I don't think he'll make an appearance any time soon" grin

It used to be if you went into labour in M&S you got nice things. I'd go and wee myself just to test the theory.

blush of a wet bum versus basket of goodies. No contest.
<<Disclaimer>> only try this if you are due to drop wink

50shadesofknackered Sat 26-Oct-13 23:37:17

Yay! Our second So it's only thread! I'm getting so excited and as we're nearly into November it's almost time for me to start buying presents! I've got a good idea of what I am buying (I have lists in my Cath Kidston Christmas organiser, don'tcha know) wink and I get most of the kids stuff delivered. Can't wait to get started!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now