What have your kids asked for?

(66 Posts)
CallieShaw Wed 23-Oct-13 08:58:48

And how old are they?

muddymarvellousdarling Sat 26-Oct-13 20:48:59

I wrote a list on here a few weeks ago of what DD (11) had already for Christmas.

Well, since then DD has decided she doesn't do Monster high dolls anymore.
So back to the shop I went with the £60+ worth of dolls and got my money back.wink
I have since spent it in The carphone Warehouse on the £49.99 tablet on the Christmas bargin thread. Also ordered case/bag/headphones to go with it. In all I think the tablet is a better buy.

She has also asked for clothes/books.

I have already got her Harumika sets. craft stuff,DVDs/DS games, mag. subscription, more books and claires stuff.

Altinkum Sat 26-Oct-13 07:48:25

Ds1 Xbox, FIFA 14, Lego hero marvel game, lots of super hero Lego, inline skates, and a new bedroom (bed, fitted wardrobes, desk, new bed, carpet etc...) roald Dahl book set, rise of the guardian book set, and some horrid histories book sets.

Ds2 the complete set of the playmobil fire engine stuff, ds2 old xbox, Disney infinity with all characters, new bike, a till with lots of accessories, 10" tablet, a few other bits and bobs.

Brockle Fri 25-Oct-13 18:16:41

I will give it a go frazzled grin grin poundstretcher this week!

Lilicat1013 Fri 25-Oct-13 08:41:44

My older son is three and and a half and autistic so doesn't really have the concept of asking for things or enough language to express it if he did.

I did try asking him what he would like for Christmas to see what he would say (he probably just interprets the question as 'What would you like?') his answer was a pig.

We have that pretty covered as my brother is buying him the Peppa Pig rocket, he has a pack of two Peppa Pig figures in his stocking from Father Christmas and I am buying him the Playmobil pig pen set from his little brother.

I have a feeling he means a real pig though.

He will be over the moon with pretty much any toy animal. He is having a few Playmobil animal sets, some Schleich animals and some Duplo animals (if I win my eBay bid today) so he is covered and will hopefully be excited.

My younger son is eight months old and really wants my older son's cuddly Mickey Mouse. He goes nuts with delight every time he sees it. He will be having his own cuddly Mickey Mouse for Christmas so he will definitely be happy.

frazzled74 Fri 25-Oct-13 00:30:28

brockle, when my ds sked for that a few years ago, i bought him a cheap christmas train set (poundstretcher type tree train) and an "i believe" whistle from ebay! it will go down a treat with the fart gun!

cupcakeicing Thu 24-Oct-13 23:57:21

DS 9 asked for Xbox with Kinect, a few games for it. Transformers dvd, lego, some annuals.

ems1910 Thu 24-Oct-13 23:49:21

We have made his list early this year due to edd of baby number 2.

Ds (6.5) wants a batcave and batmobile, disco lights and speakers for his mp3 player. That's his main present list. Lots of other little things.

Brockle Thu 24-Oct-13 23:44:01

my Ds has asked for a polar express hornby train sad sad they don't do them and the ones I found are American and double my budget for all three kids. sad however... just like last year I am hoping he can be swayed. we went to toys r us today and he fell in love with...a despicable me fart gun. Xmas day will be filled with farty noises due to polar bloody express grin grin grin grin

When my boys were little they could be talked into anything, so they "wanted" whatever it was that I'd already bought in sales and stashed....they are way too easily led grin

fuzzpig Thu 24-Oct-13 23:07:49

Ah but kryptonite, is it a charity yoyo wink

Kyrptonite Thu 24-Oct-13 22:47:14

DD (3) wants a goat, a horse and a yo yo confused

birdybear Thu 24-Oct-13 22:44:18

nothing as its only October! i have bought stuff but they don't know that. if you start making lists with kids this early there is way too long a build up.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Thu 24-Oct-13 22:38:29

Ds aged 3 wants transformers and a motorbike (a real one so no chance!)

Ds aged 8.5 wants a chopper bike and disney infinity for ps3.

Ds aged 4 months will be getting a few practical bits like clothes and a few toys to grow into.

whatagreatname Thu 24-Oct-13 20:31:13

Wacky Sox - age 9 & 12

DTisMYdoctor Thu 24-Oct-13 20:30:13

DS (5) wants lots of things, including an imaginext castle and an iPhone like mummy's! He'll be getting one of those...grin

He'd also love the new imaginext bat cave, but he got the last version last year so he's got no chance of that but I wish the one he has wasn't so much bigger

Ds (4) wants every-bloody-thing!

LoganMummy Thu 24-Oct-13 19:01:27

DS (3) would like Cillit Bang, he says hello to Barry Scott every advert grin

RhondaJean Thu 24-Oct-13 18:54:33

Sorry I don't mean I've bought her every my little pony toy for Xmas - the obsession has been going on for a while so over the last few years we have just about exhausted availability.

RhondaJean Thu 24-Oct-13 18:53:08

My 13 year old wants an electric guitar, an original Nintendo Gameboy ŵith Pokemon games, skyrim, a pile of clothes, Pokemon teddies, all of which she will get, and cosmetic contact lenses which she has no chance of.

The 9 year old mostly wants my little pony (I have bought every other my little pony toy you can get in Britain, even had people in America looking for the limits edition ones there without success - there isn't much available here believe it or not), monster high (I'm trying to buy up the newer and rarer dolls, tis a nightmare) and a bit of Lego.

ihearttc Thu 24-Oct-13 13:44:12

DS1 who is nearly 9 would like an X-box as apparently he is in the only boy in his year that doesn't have one! I very much doubt that is true...

DS2 who is nearly 3 has asked for a hose and a skateboard-can anyone guess what his favourite programme is?

MegBusset Thu 24-Oct-13 07:51:13

DS1 (6) has asked for Lego Batman for the Xbox. I have resisted video games for them til now but I think he's old enough to start. (We already have the Xbox.)

DS2 (4) wants "a rubber duck for DS1" as DS2 has one which is highly coveted at bathtime smile

EspressoMonkey Thu 24-Oct-13 07:30:55

DD1, a huge Octonauts fan, has asked for a real Lemon Shark which she will call Lemmy. I humoured her thinking it was a fad that would go away but 3 weeks later it is still top of her list...

heronsfly Thu 24-Oct-13 07:22:26

Dd2 wants an iPhone, I'm due an upgrade so I am hoping i can work something out so that she can have one.
Dd3 wants an ipad I will probably try and get her one of the older models.
My other Dcs are grown up and all married now so i buy each couple a voucher for a meal or film and buy each Dgc something they are 'into'.

gemdrop84 Thu 24-Oct-13 07:00:34

Dd is 5, she has asked for an innotab, not too sure about them to be honest. Ds will be 11 months old by then, he is getting a box and some paper!

buzzgirly Thu 24-Oct-13 06:54:31

Dd 5 would like Doc McStuffins and Monster High, that's it - no specific detail at all!!

So she's getting a doctors set and a couple of MH dolls along with the car.

Ds will be almost 2 at Xmas and loves pirates at the moment so will find something on that theme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now