Teksta

(14 Posts)
madasamarchhare Sun 20-Oct-13 15:20:48

Both my ds 9 and 7 have today decided they would each love one for Xmas!! 64.99 each!!! Wouldn't be a main present so quite a lot of money. But does anyone have one and what are they like. In particular are they worth the money?!

MegBusset Sun 20-Oct-13 16:00:06

DS2 mentioned about wanting one so I looked them up, they get terrible reviews on Amazon so not a chance he'll be getting one (I have since managed to shield him from the adverts)

no idea how good they are but they can be had more cheaply - smyths have them for £54.99 - Very had them even cheaper but only seemed to have pink.

www.smythstoys.com/robots-27sc/teksta-puppy-blue-130052itm.aspx?gclid=CJWM8NvYpboCFfHItAodviIAOA

this get better reviews though apparently and is on sale at the moment - maybe one between them?

www.smythstoys.com/robots-27sc/zoomer-dalmatian-130042itm.aspx?qwSessionID=f4c8305e-924d-4ccb-bf14-35e573b1f154

the year my two got a Furby, Santa brought it for them to look after and share smile No way I was having two of those about the house.

fuzzpig Sun 20-Oct-13 16:36:26

I haven't looked that closely but I have heard they are total shite. Have you read amazon reviews, might be worth a look.

I've also read that some parents get their DCs (if old enough) to read the reviews themselves in order to see they'd be wasting a present on a crappy product.

Mittensonkittens Sun 20-Oct-13 17:22:32

I want a Zoomer! Ds has asked for a robot but I was thinking more of a little robot for about £10, zoomer is £60 at Smyths, and that's the cheapest I can see him!

Would it be wrong? Maybe I will put it on my christmas list.

kateecass Sun 20-Oct-13 18:00:51

DD got one for her 5th birthday. It was about the only thing she could think of so we went with it. Total waste of money. Been played with about 10 times by her and same amount by her brother.

And it doesn't do the jumping spin either!!

Marne Sun 20-Oct-13 18:27:13

Dd1 has asked for one, I have said 'no', they have rubbish reviews and these things are never as good as they are made out to be on tv ad's.

Are Teksta still about?! They were rubbish the first time round in 1999ish (when I wasn't allowed one wink) and I can't imagine they'll be much better now to be honest.

fatzak Sun 20-Oct-13 19:15:33

DS bought one with his birthday money from Amazon and it was £55 - I was quite relieved that the screw for the battery unit wouldn't stay in so the batteries fell out so we could get a refund! It was rubbish - DS was so disappointed.

myBOYSareBONKERS Mon 21-Oct-13 05:59:50

Both my boys want one and after reading the reviews I said no.

BUT

Got an email from the in-laws to say that the boys were "mesmerized" by it in Smyths so they have brought them ONE EACH for Christmas

I love my in laws!!

HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs Mon 21-Oct-13 06:09:55

I got one years ago when they first came out. By breakfast time on Christmas Day I had realised how crap it was and I was gutted. Don't waste your money.

Svrider Mon 21-Oct-13 07:38:02

Oh no my dd1 has asked for one constantly since July
Too expensive for her birthday, but I have hinted heavily that Santa will bring her oneconfused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now