Inappropriate Christmas request.....

(12 Posts)
PrivatePeaceful Sun 20-Oct-13 01:32:26

My 3 year old ds loves old fighter planes such as spitfires and hurricanes etc. Fair enough.

My ds2 has been learning about ww2 and the blitz, which has caught the attention of ds3, when doing homework and so on.

Whilst browsing the toy shop Smyths catalogue, he saw an army dress up outfit, which he insists is German.

So that's all he wants for Christmas, a German uniform.

I'm hoping come December he will be past this phase.

Anyone else received inappropriate requests?

MamaBear17 Sun 20-Oct-13 08:21:20

I dont think that it is inappropriate. He is too young to cause any offence if he tells people he is dressed up as a German fighter pilot. You simply say he is obsessed with planes and his brothers been teaching him about the planes used in the second word war. Its cute really. My 2 year old wants a duck. Not a yellow bath duck, a 'proper duck with a green head'. Not inappropriate, but I've no idea where in gonna get one!

wannabestressfree Sun 20-Oct-13 08:23:10

My sister asks for a unicorn every year and she is 25 smile

Zeeky Sun 20-Oct-13 08:28:10

Just imagining a tiny nazi soldier "Heil Hitler"ing everyone on Christmas Day! grin

SoupDragon Sun 20-Oct-13 08:29:55

If it's good enough for Prince Harry... wink

This isn't inappropriate at all. There's nothing wrong with german fighter pilots - I assume it's not an SS uniform he wants?

Duck with a green head - they sell these in pets at home. They do a soft toy duck that makes a funny noise when you chew play with it. At 2,DC is young enough to have no idea it's a dog toy wink

MamaBear17 Sun 20-Oct-13 08:51:50

Haha; purplemonster, thank you! That is brilliant!

wannabe I asked for a unicorn last year and I'm 31 wink

wonderingsoul Sun 20-Oct-13 10:01:37

not really inapproprite but i took my boys to get theri eyes tested yesterday .. my eldest REALLY wanted glasses

when she said his eyes where perfect you could see the dissapointment in his face and quickly asked me for fake glasses for christmas, hes 7.. soon to be 8.

Hawkmoth Sun 20-Oct-13 15:20:58

Search Mallard on eBay.

My DS had an unfortunate spell where his superhero activity (flying like superman, shooting like ironman) was impossible to interpret any other way than the Nazi and Italian Fascist salutes. It happened in France once. I have never felt such shame.

Lilicat1013 Mon 21-Oct-13 08:31:20

RSPB do a duck toy with a green head, it even quacks. My son has one that he got when he was around two, he loves it.

www.amazon.co.uk/Wild-Republic-Birds-13-16cm-Mallard/dp/B0013UTW64/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382340641&sr=8-1&keywords=rspb+duck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now