Help me with impossible to buy for DH

(13 Posts)
sharond101 Sat 19-Oct-13 21:24:33

He is a nightmare to buy for. Into gadgets but hi tech ones I know nothing about. Likes to cycle but has so much cycling gear he needs an extra set of drawers to fit it in and his mobility is limited due to recent spinal surgery. Doesn't read (bought him a book for his birthday - unopened). Has an X-Box but never plays with it. Has an iPhone 5 but thinking of changing it. I am at a loss. Even small extra things are difficult, please help.

Does he like curries? A spicery subscription.

Raspberry pi?

Cinema vouchers, clothes, dvds. Do you do anything together thst you could make a gift box with e.g. dvd, popcorn, couple of beers?

what sort of budget?

Rasberry Pi?

Lego Mindstorms?

A weather station?

ipod?

Camera?

Remote control vehicle?

Swiss army knife?

Watch?

subscription to "stuff" magazine - that's all about gadgets and general techie stuff grin

chattychattyboomba Sat 19-Oct-13 21:41:52

How about an experience? Theatre tickets? A class? I was thinking Thames Rib experience for DH (loves boats- not buying him a boat!)

bundaberg Sat 19-Oct-13 21:43:33

why don't you suggest that instead of buying for each other this year you do something lovely together instead? go visit somewhere or do something you've always wanted to do? or a nice weekend away together if you can get childcare?

notthefirstagainstthewall Sat 19-Oct-13 21:45:21

What does he buy you? Apparently we buy what we'd like to receive.

chickydoo Sat 19-Oct-13 21:45:27

Theatre trip, nice meal out, science museum then dinner?
Cinema?
Course in something techie?
Clothes, weekend break.
Gave my DH & my DD a hawk experience for Christmas last year, they loved it!

MmmmWhiteWine Sat 19-Oct-13 22:59:32

A flying lesson, a lovefilm subscription, sheepskin slippers...or just agree you don't do presents for each other and go away for a weekend/have a lovely night out instead?

cravingcake Sat 19-Oct-13 23:02:53

A bottle of a favourite drink
Socks, shirt, clothes
Does any of his bike stuff need replacing? Drink bottle, lights, recovery leggings, energy gel or favourite snacks he has when out cycling. Yes its boring & practical but you could do it in a little stocking for him.
Itune voucher for phone

OatcakeCravings Sat 19-Oct-13 23:05:09

An Apple TV. Currently £99, new one due out end October.

Blow job <lowers tone> blush

sharond101 Sun 20-Oct-13 20:41:18

These are good but can anyone explain what a raspberry pi really is?? Have googled but still confused! Lego mindstorm on the expensive side. He has asked for a few things so I just want to buy extras as a surprise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now