another "what to buy DH/DP" thread...

(28 Posts)

... doesn't "do" gadgets; doesn't travel with work; has hobbies but buys his own stuff for that;always do the usual socks/boxers/shirts/ jumpers/books/CDs/DVDs/toiletries kind of thing. No mags I can subscirbe him to; just had significant anniversary so have got all manner of theatre/experience vouchers. Have been together FOR EVER.. so have done most things... almost feel unfaithful asking strangers but totally out of ideas this year. (or have ideas about "more of the same" just need some inspiration for ONE little thoughtful thing ( in the past have bought wrist strengthener for squash; cycle computer; heart rate thing for gym etc etc )

ChipAndSpud Sun 20-Oct-13 15:11:50

I'm stuck with what to buy DH this year too!

Last year I bought him a Nanoblock set (tiny Lego but for grown ups) of where we got engaged amongst other things.

DB gets DH an Empire magazine subscription each year.

Comic books / graphic novels go down well.

Another year I bought DH a squash racket which he loves!

I'm buying him a watch for his birthday which is shortly after Xmas.

Smellies go down well as long as they are the right brand!

If he didn't already have a Lovefilm subscription I'd get that!

ShoeLaRue Sun 20-Oct-13 15:27:52

I'm considering getting him a home planetarium.

My DPs will be getting him a yogurt-making kit grin.

Best-received present in recent years was the leg of iberico ham with stand, knife and DVD.

LissieLoovettsDeliciousMeatPie Sun 20-Oct-13 15:30:35

I posted about these books last year, but The Folio Society has some really lovely illustrated books for adults as well as kids. Last year I bought DB a copy of Animal Farm and he loves it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now