When do you put up your tree?

(86 Posts)
Nix01 Fri 18-Oct-13 11:13:07

I'm thinking 1 December this year?

Christmas tree goes up the Saturday/Sunday before Christmas and comes down on 12th Night. I would prefer it to go up Christmas Eve but I'm generally too busy that day as I work for the church and we are wall to wall services that day.

The church Christmas tree which is 30 ft high is going up at the beginning of December this year as the season of Christmas outside of the Church starts around 1st December when inside the church we are observing Advent. We are going to experiment with having the tree and crib out so that those people who pop into the church during the day to remember loved ones will see some of Christmas even through, technically, it is too early.

OldRoan Sat 19-Oct-13 11:08:52

Fake one is assembled on 30th November ready to decorate first weekend of December (get to enjoy the fun of decorations without the huffing and puffing sorting the branches out).

Real tree...about 2 weeks before Christmas, depending on when the weekends fall.

Dawndonnaagain Sat 19-Oct-13 12:09:39

7th December. My birthday is the 6th. grin

MortifiedAdams Sat 19-Oct-13 12:13:03

Usually the first but since dd was born, its the evening of the 19th (her birthday) after she goes to bed. We celebrate christmas proper after that.

mrsyattering Sat 19-Oct-13 12:16:46

will be 19th December here...the first day of school holidays

Elsiequadrille Sat 19-Oct-13 12:19:23

"About a week before. But I still feel anything before 23rd December is a bit ITV "

grin

GillyBillyWilly Sat 19-Oct-13 12:30:59

Growing up we would always put the decorations and tree up around 10 days before Christmas. Probably around the 15th-ish.

However, I LOVE Christmas.. Can't get enough and want to enjoy it for as long as possible!
So DH and I usually put ours up on 1st December smile
And 1st December is a Sunday this year so that's PERFECT!

AllOverIt Sat 19-Oct-13 13:07:18

DS's birthday is on the 8th so it goes up on the 9th

MmmmWhiteWine Sat 19-Oct-13 23:44:41

This year prob 8th Dec...to me it has to be a Sunday to put up your tree, no idea why....? Any earlier seems to soon but the 15th seems a bit late. But then I like my tree down as soon as poss after NY. Can't be doing with it hanging about til 12th night.

pudseypie Sun 20-Oct-13 06:59:13

No space for a tree and like very minimalist decorations as my house is so tiny it feels cluttered with anything up. Bah humbug! Last year had a wreath on front door and berries on fireplace and left it at that. Might have to make more effort this year as dc will be 2...

VikingVagine Sun 20-Oct-13 07:47:45

1st December; might as well make the most of it for as long as possible (no birthdays here in December so not a problem).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now