bop it
remote control stunt car
Lego bat cave
Lego iron man
Lego tower
Lego super boat
Lego captain America
Spiderman inline skates

family and friends asking what to get him, but I am wanting things for him outside the box.

ds has 24 aunts and uncles, he mostly gets annual activity fees paid, annual days out, subscriptions etc... but some of his aunts want idea, and nothing, or money for ISA account isn't good enough hmm

catchingzeds Thu 17-Oct-13 21:33:11

My DS is 7 and on his list is a rubix cube and the board game Don't Laugh. Any good?

Katieweasel Thu 17-Oct-13 21:35:05

A hamster

JaquelineHyde Thu 17-Oct-13 21:37:05

Bop it in many variations
Uno
Gross science

JaquelineHyde Thu 17-Oct-13 21:37:37

Loads of Playmobil

iwouldgoouttonight Thu 17-Oct-13 21:39:05

Is that list things your DS is already getting for Christmas from aunts/uncles or things he's already got? My DS aged 7 just wants Lego so that's probably not much help!

Altinkum Thu 17-Oct-13 21:51:43

that's what he's getting... hmm he doesn't need anything, but they are insistent, so I'm looking for things that will do him throughout the year.

his younger brother is getting playmobil, and tbh ds1 isn't interested in "baby" lego, but Im sure he will join in like he does watching pippa pig etc... grin

science toys look fab, never even heard of them, unfortunately no animals allowed, ds2 is acutely allergic to most animals sad

rubix cube sound ace!

giraffeseatpineapples Thu 17-Oct-13 21:53:23

We have got my ds a second hand john adams hot wires set, but it is on offer on ebay www.amazon.co.uk/John-Adams-Hot-Wires-Electronics/dp/B0006SK3WG

I posted something similar earlier and these were amongst the suggestions - a hamper with favourite treats such as cereal, hot chocolate etc, a metal detector, an archery set, battling robots, a hudl

giraffeseatpineapples Thu 17-Oct-13 22:03:53

My son loves these books how to train your dragon and they would give good value througout the year?

Kewcumber Thu 17-Oct-13 22:06:16

Harry Potter hornby train
FIFA14 for wii
Football kit
Itunes vouchers

I have said no to xbox on cost grounds until he's old enough to have one present shared between Xmas and Birthday.

Kewcumber Thu 17-Oct-13 22:07:08

will also get him rugby sticky gloves and perhaps a branded boot bag

fuzzpig Thu 17-Oct-13 22:08:46

Little things like top trumps cards, uno etc?

New decent football/basketball (and hoop for outside?)

T-shirts/jammies with his favourite characters?

DVDs/CDs/books (could be ones you want to read to him if he's not keen to read himself)

The horrible science blast rocket is amazing, DSD got it for my DS and it went so high it landed on our roof shock

Subscription to a magazine like national geographic

Beanbag/duvet cover/lampshade etc for bedroom

Ikeameatballs Thu 17-Oct-13 22:11:51

So far dd is getting:
a wii and some games (to share with her brother)
a 1d board game
Nano bot things
Guinness book of records
Bop it extreme

She spotted some glow stuff she wanted as well and I'm going to get a science kit for her.

Kewcumber Thu 17-Oct-13 22:20:11

oh yes guiness book of records is a good idea.

VerySmallSqueak Thu 17-Oct-13 22:23:13

I've got as far as Junior scrabble and possibly a club together for a portable dvd player.

devilinside Thu 17-Oct-13 22:42:21

Junior Scrabble, what a good idea, DD would love that. DS and DD 7 & 8 want Pokémon x or y or whatever it is, chemistry sets and chocolate coin makers. DD also wants a remote control car and DS wants some Pokémon game he's seen on TV.

TelephoneTree Thu 17-Oct-13 23:01:02

new duvet cover
book tokens
hmv tokens
amazon tokens
clothes
weekend/overnight bag
torch
strong magnet
compass
survival book
'Ripley's believe it or not' book

TelephoneTree Thu 17-Oct-13 23:01:19

those are just ideas btw!

TelephoneTree Thu 17-Oct-13 23:01:53

how about the game 'traffic jam'?

hermioneweasley Fri 18-Oct-13 08:31:57

Junior monopoly
Pictionary
DVDs
Fossils
Build your own kits

QueenFuri Fri 18-Oct-13 09:52:49

Ds1 7 is getting:

A cheap tablet off ebay / headphones /tablet case
Lots of Lego
Diary of a Wimp kid books/ t-shirt & pajamas
darth vadar toy
science set
Harry potter 1/2 dvds
spynet voice changer
A couple of Cds
a boardgame

Altinkum Fri 18-Oct-13 21:46:21

My mum has got ds1 the complete Ronald Dahl boomset, he adores rise of the guardians so il ask someone to get him the book set too.

His godparents have decided to get him a camcorder and a weeks trip to Disneyland hmm

I've asked family to get him board games, such as traffic jam, junior scrabble etc...

As for the hamper, dh and myself do elf on the shelf, with that they get, Star Wars/playmobil advert calander, elf Jammie's, elf hot chocolate in their elf cups...(malted "milk") ds2 has allergies so his is prescription milk with brown food dye and they get 24 days worth of treat food, like lucky charms, chocolate crossiants, pop tarts, coco pops, snowman balls etc.... And of course jingles and the DVD.

They absolutely adore it.

Thankyou everyone, massive massive help you've all been.

so far we've bought dd8

.a Samsung galaxy tab 3,
.a mp4 player,
. a play station 3,
.a mountain bike,
.100% % human hair extensions,
.make up,
.nail polishes,
.play station games,
.2 pairs of converse,
.tablet cover and keyboard,
.2 monster high dolls,
.8 outfits,
.a jacket,
3d dvd player and 4 3d dvds.

still to get pj's, housecoat, slippers and sweets

dd

QueFonda Sat 19-Oct-13 08:48:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kewcumber Sat 19-Oct-13 14:16:05

Dear Lord my DS would think he'd died and gone to heaven if he got that lot! What on earth are you going to get him next year?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now