What are you buying for 6 year old girls?

(55 Posts)
Dancergirl Thu 17-Oct-13 09:07:37

I am really stuck for ideas for dd3. She's the youngest of 3 girls so we have plenty of toys as you can imagine. We already have loads of Polly Pocket, Sylvanians, books, games etc, although tbh I think she's getting a bit bored and would like something completely new and different to play with.

I thought maybe Playmobil...?

She has a bike and also dd2's old scooter. And the house is already over-run with Hama beads grin

Any ideas?

fuckwittery Sun 20-Oct-13 11:50:30

DD1 is getting
locker bank to lock secret treasures in away from her sisters!
Drawing book
Roald Dahl book set, cheap from the book people
Usborne Body book, and atlas, from the book people
Hair model, got an ok looking one in morrisons the other day for a tenner
voice changer

She and her 3.5 yr old sister are both getting headphones and a splitter thing so they can watch films together on our ipad.

Will get her some crafty stuff, maybe foil art or moon sand as she still likes playing with DD2's playdoh, DD2 is getting a playdoh kit and moon sand might be a good more grown up alternative.
Maybe a science kit if I can find a good one, was also looking at magnet kits but again v expensive or bad reviews.
She would like something princessy I know so perhaps some glittery shoes and a party dress which she can wear over xmas too.

I know that seems like a lot but we have virtually no family/ friends who buy presents for the DC so I do tend to spoil them so they have a pile to open.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 20-Oct-13 13:21:47

Dancer DH has always put the playmobil together. If he's been at work we've elected grandpa todo it instead smile

Off to have a look at Hot Wires...

I've gained some great ideas from this thread so now DD will be getting:

CD player
Moon dough
Lego friends
Magic tooth fairy game
Mosaic and other craft things

We have no family that buy for DC so I tend to pad it out a bit and I buy smellies to last the year plus pjs.

giraffeseatpineapples Mon 21-Oct-13 00:43:44

We have got hot wires from ebay for my ds this year, he played with it at a friends house and it does seem like a winner.

bsc Mon 21-Oct-13 00:56:30

Pop-up pirate has been very popular with my DC- we got it last christmas.

Lego and playmobil here though, and books.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now