Teacher gifts

(36 Posts)
Nix01 Thu 17-Oct-13 08:59:29

Have I missed this post?

What are you planning for lovely, thoughtful gifts?

Ds1 has 2 teachers and ds2 has 3 or 4 teachers at his nursery.

ChipAndSpud Sun 20-Oct-13 15:05:50

Can I ask, do people get Xmas presents for nursery staff as well as teachers? DS is coming up to 2 years old and started nursery in January. I am a bit clueless about these things!

Chocotrekkie Sun 20-Oct-13 15:26:30

I always bought for nursery - box of chocs (whatever one looks the best for the least money) and a card with some input from the child.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sun 20-Oct-13 15:35:00

We usually do something homemade. Last year did a little handmade bag with a mini bottle of Baileys and some chocs. May do the same this year.

Year before we bought hot choc twirling sticks - big lump of choc on a stick to melt into milk. I reckon they would be easy to make.

Nix01 Sun 20-Oct-13 21:53:47

I've seen some lovely colours of nail varnishes in decent brands, Essi, Revlon, Loreal etc, do you think making up small gift bags with nail polishes would go down well with teachers?

Patilla Sun 20-Oct-13 22:11:08

Oh no - Christmas presents for teachers and ta's?

I didn't realise this was the done thing.

We are struggling to afford family presents but in an affluent area so people will do it if it's the "done thing".

Bother.

patilla don't feel obliged to. Where we are they do a class collection which we just opt out of - say we're doing our own thing. I'm sure the teachers would rather that your children have a nice Christmas than they get some candles and handcream. Send the dc in with some letters/cards and maybe some homemade biscuits.

ChipAndSpud Sun 20-Oct-13 22:25:41

Cool, I will have a nose in the shops and see what I can pick out! I'll get DS to make cards as well as he turns 2 over Xmas so he will be in the next room up after Xmas so it'll be a goodbye present as well as Xmas!

Nix01 Mon 21-Oct-13 09:48:00

I've now decided on a scarf and matching nail varnish, hope the teachers will like it.

Jinsei Mon 21-Oct-13 09:52:17

Just marking my place for ideas later! wink

FriskyMare Tue 22-Oct-13 18:23:05

Patilla, honestly, please don't worry about gifts for teachers, TA's etc. We get paid for doing our job, a heartfelt "thank you" card/note is what we really appreciate! After all, we all like a pat on the back for a job well done!

Tommy Tue 22-Oct-13 18:29:04

well done Friskymare! I always buy a bottle of wine but I hate the idea that parents feel that "have" to buy a gift. I have been a teacher. I know I would have appreciated a thank you note. I did appreciate the odd bottle of wine grin but sometimes, you don't need 30 home-made coaster or candles.....
I was given 2 goldfish at the end of term once - the pupil had walked to school with them in a bowl hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now