What scooter would a deserving 9 YO boy feel proud to be seen with?

(16 Posts)
IDugUpADiamond Wed 16-Oct-13 18:34:00

He hadn't said a word but I've noticed none of the kids his age used 3 wheeled scooters so I asked him about it and he very sheepishly said he was the only one. So his 3 wheeler can go to his 6 year old sister and I'd like to get my lovely boy something funky but safe and not to tricky to use. What should I be looking at?

Flossiechops Wed 16-Oct-13 18:39:11

Ok, i have an 8 year old ds and he loves his stunt scooter - lots of older boys at school have one. His is an MPG take a look at [[www.slickwillies.co.uk MGP SCOOTER] Ds thinks he is some sort of pro!

Flossiechops Wed 16-Oct-13 18:40:07

Sodding link did not work mgp scooters will try again!

clr2014 Wed 16-Oct-13 18:41:20

My 9 yo has a MPG stunt scooter ...or is it MGP??! Clueless I am!i did research it thoroughly though, honest!

Ds 11 and dd 9 both have JD Bug scooters... they got them 2 christmases ago and still play with them several times a week.

defineme Wed 16-Oct-13 18:49:35

If he really wants to make an impression get him a Razor spark scooter-£49.99 at Argos, but I've seen them cheaper. They leave a trail of real SPARKS behind them-super cool- my kids loved them.

wonderingsoul Wed 16-Oct-13 19:29:02

razor is a reaqlly good scooter namer.

razor siege drwift twist will deff impress.

ds got one from his nan last christmas, its slightly wider and has different wheels but you can drwit.slide, turn corners swiftly and easy.

Katieweasel Wed 16-Oct-13 19:53:41

JD Bugs are very popular at our school (not cheap though)

moldingsunbeams Wed 16-Oct-13 20:02:57

IDug, Your not anywhere near Manchester are you?
I have a hardly used Slamm Scooter like this one

DD cannot use it because of her sen, I wouldn't want anything for it.

Total curve ball but I've just got my 9 year old DS some quad rollerskates. He's never even shown an interest so was abit random but to say he loves them is an understatement...phew wink grin

HenriettaPye Wed 16-Oct-13 20:13:36

Aww molding that's lovely! smile

IDugUpADiamond Wed 16-Oct-13 20:20:16

molding that's ever so kind. I live in Kent I'm afraid. I really do hope you find a deserving home for that scooter.

Nicky, that is such a fantastic idea, perhaps in addition to the scooter (he does deserve spoiling this Christmas) or perhaps for my 6 year old DD... Thank you!

Ladies, you've given me lots of fantastic suggestions so I can kick off my quest! Thank you so very much! thanksthanks

ratbagcatbag Wed 16-Oct-13 21:22:54

Definitely MADD gear pro (mgp), my dss has had his for four years now its well battered and loved. smile best £150 ever spent u reckon.

Definitely a stunt scooter NOT a folding one.

WeAllHaveWings Wed 16-Oct-13 21:46:25

Ds(9) is another MADD MGP Pro scooter fan. Got the team edition one last year (and so did 4 of his friends). They are very expensive popular.

SugarplumKate Wed 16-Oct-13 21:50:31

A Grit definitely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now