Unusual stocking fillers that aren't plastic tat

(332 Posts)
ObtuseAngel Wed 16-Oct-13 13:05:41

The things that websites and shops tout as stocking fillers are usually nasty overpriced plastic toys that break straight away. What we need is a nice long list of things that will be cheap, useful and interesting. Obviously everyone already knows about patterned pencils and unusually shaped rubbers, but it would be good to have other stuff too.

I will contribute:

Plaque disclosing liquid/tablets. DS got a pack of these in a party bag last year and I thought WTF, but he and DD really loved using them.

Mini magnetic bookmarks, DS is a keen reader but gets very frustrated if his bookmark falls out and he looses his place so I bought him these and he loves them.

BeaWheesht Mon 25-Nov-13 23:56:55

We don't have a water stones sad thanks though

BeaWheesht Tue 26-Nov-13 00:02:57

Ooh I've had a brainwave - I wonder if they'd like masking tape? Easy to tear, can draw on it and it'll come off things easily like my entire house when dd is finished

3bunnies Tue 26-Nov-13 06:17:47

hogwash I actually need a new sleeping bag - wondering if fuelled by the onesie craze. Also Bea the nursery always uses masking tape. The adhesion isn't as great but it is easier to paint over. Is also easy to write on.

dandelionsRflowers Tue 26-Nov-13 08:21:12

Bea Poundworld have patterned sticky tape. I bought some Minnie Mouse for dd, I can't remember what others they had but def a few different kinds. I think it's a dispenser and 2 or 3 rolls in the pack. Masking tape is a good idea though, easier for dd to cut less likely to damage the walls

BeaWheesht Tue 26-Nov-13 10:30:16

Thanks dandelion might pop to poundworld later

wonderwooman Fri 29-Nov-13 09:35:37

Bea, I saw patterned tape in Lidl recently - with their Xmas bits

Therean92 Wed 18-Dec-13 23:54:21

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now