How much would you expect?

(32 Posts)
BankerMommy2010 Wed 16-Oct-13 10:27:05

I asked a member of my family what they would like for Christmas, I don't normally do this but last year, after I had purchased their gift I got an email requesting an item!!! I had to tell her that I had already done my shopping, but then didn't feel quite so happy with the gift I had already purchased. .. anyway, im quite good at shopping around or finding gifts that look a lot more tjan they actually are, we don't have a budget but I dont normally spend loads, last year I got her hubby's gift in the jan sales and her gift was partly bought with advantage points..
Sooooo. They have now requested vouchers for expensive restaurants...how much do I give without looking tight x.

BankerMommy2010 Wed 16-Oct-13 13:55:11

Hubby has said £30 is tight and to do £40 :-/ I dont mind but I like to get a bargain smile

iheartdusty Wed 16-Oct-13 16:01:48

tastecard is always on offer somewhere or other for less than the full price, you can find it for £30 all years round by hunting

FriskyMare Wed 16-Oct-13 16:31:30

I'm shock that two adults email their Christmas list in October

soontobeburns Sat 19-Oct-13 12:16:52

Im the same OP. Last year my friend asked for a voucher for Christmas. I stretched myself to get her a £20 voucher (I wasnt working) but I had too because like yourself, I always bargain hunt and usually get most of my presents half price or less, so it looks like more.

Im really worried she is gonna ask the same next year.

500internalerror Sat 19-Oct-13 12:28:00

I've never heard anything so cheeky in my life! If you're an adult, you don't put in requests for vouchers, which is essentially asking for a handout shockshockshock

Kormachameleon Sat 19-Oct-13 12:32:40

I would get her a big fat nothing for being a grasping grabber

Or an oxfam goat

Yeah I'd get her a goat

NannyPlumForPM Mon 21-Oct-13 18:35:23

Definitely a goat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now