Christmas Appeal Thank You thread - 2013

(856 Posts)
SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 15-Oct-13 15:24:56

Another year of spreadsheets and carols. <swirls ice in brandy>
You wonderful lot you, gorn and done it again.<sniff>

It's always lovely for the donator to know their parcel has arrived, so if you've had a Christmas Appeal gift this year and you'd like to use your unique MNcode to pop on this thread to say thank you, now's your chance.

We'd like to start you all off by being the first to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who's taken part. You're all brilliant!

If anyone has any questions about anything to do with the Mumsnet Christmas Appeal then do please email Santa.Claus@mumsnet.com.

Merry Christmas!

minniebar Thu 02-Jan-14 17:17:29

Many apologies for the delay - we have finally opened everything now - such generosity!

Xmas2013SantaA8353 - DS does love it, excellent choice! I love the idea that you chose it because your DS likes it too.

Xmas2013SantaB8353 - wow, have you been round our house?! I always seem to have cold feet and love baths, the DCs love colouring and are obsessed with Scooby Doo. Just utterly perfect.

Xmas2013SantaC8353 - wonderful books, next on the list.

You vipers are bloody marvellous. And thank you to MNHQ for sorting it all out. It's been a humbling and emotional experience being part of it - really.

thanks thanks thanks

SurvivalOfTheUnfittest Thu 02-Jan-14 22:58:53

Santas A, B and C9256, a little update..
My boys loved the hungry frogs game and the superman firing thingy. They were amazed that someone could make them up stockings and are very keen to spend their Hamleys voucher. I have suggested we hold off a week of two as they have been very fortunate to receive nice things and I want them to really appreciate what they choose. I haven't yet bought my duvet cover, as it has been a rather hectic time trying to keep on top of the house and playing with the boys. By the time they go to bed, I flop on the sofa (and have made a photobook of dh in the evenings too).
Santa A the stocking you made for me was gorgeous. The hand made broach and the bangle are especially precious and right up there as my favourite presents this year. Thank you all again. We will think of you all in the coming year. The boys have been suitably distracted. We have thought about their daddy and made time to share our feelings and lots of cuddles, but we have enjoyed lots of playing and laughing too. You have helped us to do this.

Xmas2013MN7244 Sat 04-Jan-14 20:14:45

Just wanted to say a huge, massive thank you for my Next vouchers. This is brilliant and very good timing. I desperately need new clothes so I will be using this wisely.

Its been a crap year and the thoughtfulness of this has really, really made my heart swell. I was grinning like an idiot when I received it.

Its so lovely to be thought of when, because of the way life just pans out sometimes, you have to put yourself on the back burner for such a long time.

Thank you, happy new year. Xxxx

minniebar Sun 05-Jan-14 18:23:00

Oh, and I'm quite happy to have outed myself, so if any of my Santas would like to know why I think I was nominated (might not be obvious even with an advanced search, not sure, relevant threads might have been deleted) then by all means PM me - I've even got pics!

Xmas2013MN2043 Wed 08-Jan-14 17:52:53

I'm joining this very belatedly (for which I apologise profusely). I don't think my Santa has posted here so this may not be seen, but if you posted my parcel, it must have got lost in the post.

If you weren't able to post it or changed your mind that is absolutely fine - just to be nominated was present enough for me. smile I just didn't want you to be have sent it and then be wondering why I didn't turn up to say thank you.

Thank you and happy New Year!

Xmas2013MN2213 Wed 08-Jan-14 23:12:35

Just a little extra post to my lovely Santa to say that I have been browsing a certain shop's online sale and am very excited about what I can buy for the DCs, and tell them it's because of a stranger's kindness! There is a toy that is just right for the LO and scooters for the older ones. They will be delighted - they have asked me plenty of times and I have always had to say no. Now I can say yes!! Thank you thank you thank you!! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now