Anyone doing elf on a shelf I 100% recommend tge dvd

(6 Posts)
BankerMommy2010 Sun 13-Oct-13 17:46:55

Ah ok... if you have your tradition already then your probably best not getting the dvd... in the dvd the elf arrives in his box on the door mat so I shall have to do it the same way. He also flies up the fireplace every night to visit santa and his other elf friends x

Guitargirl Sun 13-Oct-13 17:19:14

Ah, thanks, I think we won't do the DVD then. This is the third year the Elf will have been (DCs are aged 6 and 4). They are allowed to touch him very gently and they take it in turns every morning to return him to his shelf from wherever he has been during the night. Ours is called Mack.

BankerMommy2010 Sun 13-Oct-13 17:04:12

Guitar girl. .. I must admit that bothered me, but santa is there for him to see so he didn't take much notice of that, he was more excited about the elf coming to stay at ours and not touching him else he would lose his magic... its a nice little film, I think they could have done more with it tbh and I don't think they needed the little boy that didn't believe. .. but either way, my ds now understands that an elf will visit in December, he wanted to name his chippey, but we settled on buddy smile

Guitargirl Sun 13-Oct-13 16:15:08

Can I ask a question about the DVD? Is it about a child who no longer believes in Father Christmas? I switched off the Polar Express on the TV last year for this reason (didn't want to have ideas put into their little heads!)

snappybadger Sun 13-Oct-13 14:38:05

Just watched it with my ds smile Afterwards I said wouldn't it be nice if we had an elf come to stay this Christmas and then asked him what he'd call it. He said "Chippey" after the one in the film, so I said you should probably give him a different name, so then he said "Santa". Oh dear.

BankerMommy2010 Sun 13-Oct-13 11:39:11

I have just decided to let my 3 year old watch his, he is glued to it...I thought it would give hin a few weeks to get the idea of his elf arriving smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now