How old are your kids and what are they into?

(19 Posts)
LauraMason837 Wed 09-Oct-13 12:58:09

Specifically the following ages and sex's:

13 year old girl
11 year old boy
11 year old girl
8 year old boy
7 year old boy
5 year old girl
3 year old girl
2 year old girl

What TV programmes etc are they into? Need idea for presents for Christmas.

Takver Wed 09-Oct-13 13:31:40

11 year old girl - on TV she likes MI High, the new How to Train your Dragon series, Doctor Who, Sarah Jane Adventures, Mythbusters. No particular computer games at the moment - but likes programming with Scratch (not helpful for presents though!). Likes reading but harder to find things she hasn't read now she has access to secondary school library. Book tokens are always popular though. I assume you're looking for small presents for neices/nephews etc? She'd also like things like nice scarf / gloves / hat, christmas socks always go down well, earrings ditto.

moldingsunbeams Wed 09-Oct-13 13:52:13

Almost 11 year old girl has asked for

Animal Crossing game
A tablet
A furby Boom (£60 and looks rubbish!)
An electronic diary
A snare drum hmm
Science and gadgetty type things.
Archaeology things
Big bang tshirt
Les Mis hoodie

I doubt her tv will help you in any way as she likes operation ouch, the big bang theory. Countryside, cooking with Gino or whatever its called. Shes obsessed with Coronation Street at moment hmm and Doc Martin. I watch none of this stuff Shes a bit odd tbh grin

shinybaubles Wed 09-Oct-13 14:41:09

7 year old boy - deadly 60, furby, anything elctronic (ds,wii,curio), board games, geomag, dinosaurs, nature kits (worn,ants etc), books, lego, things they can make balloon copters etc.

fuzzpig Wed 09-Oct-13 15:29:28

DD is 6.3 but hasn't changed much since being 5, her main loves are lego, colouring, painting, playmobil, little character figures (Disney etc) and animals, cars, movies and cartoons

4 year old boy - mainly into fighting despite my best efforts. Likes swords, castles, tanks, armies.
Doesn't actually watch anything vaguely violent, like octonauts and baby looney toons and the smurfs! Not sure why he's so aggressive, I'm hoping it's a phase. Also big into dinosaurs.

DTisMYdoctor Wed 09-Oct-13 19:40:26

Not one you specified, but 5 year old DS likes Lego, octonauts, playmobil pirates, colouring-in, imaginext toys and likes watching scooby doo and power rangers.

Not sure what almost 11 year old niece watches apart from X factor (x factor pj's went down well last year), but she mostly likes clothes (new look), iTunes vouchers so she can buy stuff for her iPad and things she needs for her dance classes. Likes things like friendship bracelets etc just now.

6 year old (just) loves sylvanian families, colouring in stuff and Lego.

DTisMYdoctor Wed 09-Oct-13 19:40:59

Sorry, the almost 11 year old has iPod touch, not an iPad!

afromom Wed 09-Oct-13 21:50:33

9 yr old DS likes:
Anything football related
Deadly 60
Horrible Histories stuff
Phineas and Ferb
Joke books and magic tricks
Hot wheels car tracks
Remote controlled cars and helicopters
War Hammer

All of these things he also liked last year, so would do for an 8 yr old boy to (as mentioned in your OP)

17leftfeet Wed 09-Oct-13 21:57:53

11 yo girl

Screamer music, goth fashion and wants a bass guitar
She also wants a unicorn

I'm not sure how typical she is though

buzzgirly Thu 10-Oct-13 00:06:19

5 yo girl has asked for Monster High dolls(many, many, many times!!), Doc McStuffins and a VIP pet.

2 yo boy is getting a mega blocks building table. He really likes his cars and dolls (or his babies as he calls them) at the moment.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Windyone Thu 10-Oct-13 00:28:21

Small boys and possibly girls aged 7/8 Minecraft, Minecraft, Minecraft at a guess

MamaBear17 Thu 10-Oct-13 07:31:27

My 2 year old girl loves peppa pig, playdoh, painting, any 'pretend' toy like her tea set or telephone. She also loves books.

DD is 6
DS1 is 3
DS2 is 5 months.

DD & DS1 are into Lego in a big way. Tv programmes - power rangers, wipeout, strictly, slug terra confused

DS1 loves his trains, cars & hot wheels.

ClaraBean Thu 10-Oct-13 10:36:39

12 year old dd love Big Bang Theory, Beatles, her guitars, Vocaloids, Manga, body lotion and dry shampoo!
10 (11 in Dec) yo ds LOVES Adventure Time and The Regular Show. He also likes football, Lego, whittling (!), sharks, Terry Pratchett books and statues of Buddha.
8yo dd loves her bike, Zelfs, drawing, reading, Sylvanians, Schleich figures, animals, Coraline
6yo ds loves Spy Dogs books, dragons and knights, Lego, Alvin and the Chipmunks films, Snoopy, Mr Bean, red shoes (!), crystals and rocks (!)

groovejet Thu 10-Oct-13 11:19:02

6 year old dd likes My Little Ponies, Schleich figures, board games - junior monopoly, play doh and pictureka being her favourites, cool cardz, Harumika and polly pocket wall sets.

9 year old dd some of the things she likes that her male friends also enjoy are nerf guns, microscope, gross science kits, magic trick kits, practical joke sets.

My 11 yr old boy likes:
Football
Rugby
Cricket
Top Trumps
Accessories for his mountain bike
Michael Morpurgo books (especially War Horse, Medal for Leroy, Private Peaceful)
Lego (especially Lego Technic)
Top Gear
Games for his DS (especially sports related ones e.g. Fifa 14)

My 9 yr old boy's tastes are pretty similar to when he was 8:
Horrible Histories
Roald Dahl
Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
Lego, Lego and more Lego
Star Wars
Doctor Who

Inkspellme Thu 10-Oct-13 19:57:15

my 11 year old boy likes:

lego technics
lego
skylanders
dr. who
minecraft
skulduggery pleasant books
percy jackson books
computer programming using scratch
super mario brothers on wii

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now