Can you tell me what your 3yo boys are getting, please?

(68 Posts)
ziggiestardust Sun 06-Oct-13 16:51:53

So far, I have got:
playmobil police station
playmobil police helicopter
playmobil police car
playmobil bank
(He's fascinated with goodies and baddies at the minute, and keeps trying to arrest the cat)
take n play Tidmouth sheds set
4 of these take n play engines to add to his vast collection
As well as a couple of Thomas DVDs and some Thomas pj's, plus stocking with sweets and little gizzits.

And right now; that's about it!
It doesn't look like an awful lot though. I keep telling myself that if I don't limit myself though, we'll end up having nowhere to put it all.

Would your 3 yo be happy with that lot?

SockywockyWOOOOOdah Mon 07-Oct-13 22:34:13

Christmas...

Inclusionist Mon 07-Oct-13 22:36:35

I think that is a lot and I probably wouldn't let my DS open the playmobil stuff and the Thomas stuff on the same day as it would just be overwhelming.

DS will be 3.4 at Christmas and is having from us a trip to Lapland UK on Christmas Eve and the Playmobil Pirates Treasure Island to add to his pirates play set. He will get books and some replacement drawing stuff too because I cannot persuade him that pens need lids.

He has a wooden advent calender with quite big boxes and will get a tiny present every day in that. He will also get presents from relatives over the Christmas period as and when he sees them.

My motto for chistmas this year is 'magical not massive' !! grin

ziggiestardust Mon 07-Oct-13 22:41:06

inclusionist yes! I know what you mean. I'm trying to get him a few 'themed' gifts this year, because he's really into Thomas, and that's lovely, I like that he enjoys it. But I also want him to enjoy other things as well, other interests. Just because at the moment it feels a bit limited when we get the toys out, you know?

Thewhingingdefective Mon 07-Oct-13 22:49:50

So far my 3yr old boy has:

A book called Dog Blue by Polly Dunbar and some Smarties.

He will also be getting a football and goal post set, a musical instrument of some kind like a little keyboard or ukelele. Probably a knight outfit and a little wheelbarrow. Not sure what else.

RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock Mon 07-Oct-13 22:50:32

Just wanted to be helpful to the people thinking of getting the imaginext castle, it's £39.99 in Toys R Us at the moment grin

ziggiestardust Mon 07-Oct-13 22:52:26

rockpaper yes! I saw that on another thread but thank you! £20 cheaper but it is only online, click and collect so don't get caught out by going in store!

RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock Mon 07-Oct-13 22:54:54

Oh, thanks ziggy, we've done the click but not collect yet.

CheeseAndFriedMushrooms Mon 07-Oct-13 22:57:36

Ziggie, we're not far behind at 28..... Keeps him entertained and off the iPad though so worth it IMO. Life is easier now that I know their names too not out of choice

BloodiedWellies Mon 07-Oct-13 22:57:52

So far I only have a blackboard with coloured chalks and Dh bought a laminator (mentioned on another thread) that we plan to laminate Swashbuckle papers and logos with because he loves them.

BloodiedWellies Mon 07-Oct-13 22:58:24

Blackboard was £25 at mothercare and chalks were £1.50.

TiredFeet Mon 07-Oct-13 23:03:19

Anyone got any good suggestions for outdoor stuff? Ds has a scooter, bike, sandpit, paddling pool, wheelbarrow so far...
I feel like we are drowning in toys, and all he ever plays with is his brio or his matchbox cars, so I am reluctant to buy many toys. He's getting one toy (octonauts submarine thing) for his birthday and a few books, but he is having a party and our relatives spoil him rotten (which is why we are drowning in toys!)

So for christmas I would like to get him something for the garden (as we're moving and will have a much bigger garden) and then just stocking toys and a book. We made the mistake of buying too much last year and he was just overwhelmed. Quite tempted by the road map rug idea though!

Inclusionist Mon 07-Oct-13 23:05:32

Have you got a playmobil building schedule set out for the whole of December ziggie? grin

DS got the playmobil pirate ship, corsaire and prison tower for his birthday in August and that was several hours of building the night before which might not have been possible whilst drinking the sherry left out for santa!!

BloodiedWellies Mon 07-Oct-13 23:07:00

Trampoline?

I was in B&Q today and they had rocking wendy houses including a kind of camouflage thingy with a slide and rope whatsit. It was expensive though ... about £300. (I drooled)

We are drowning in toys too.

BloodiedWellies Mon 07-Oct-13 23:08:13

Not 'rocking wednry houses' but 'a rocking wendy house'

ziggiestardust Mon 07-Oct-13 23:15:13

<limbers up for some serious playmobil assembly>

I'm hoping it won't be that bad because we've only got the police station and the bank. If the whole thing ends up in a £90 mess of bent plastic and rage, I will consider myself corrected, however.

bonkersLFDT20 Mon 07-Oct-13 23:18:40

Thumbs up go to the Playmobil Campervan. Got that for my then 3 YO last year and he loves it. A really, really good purchase.
We also got him a ukulele which he strums along with quite nicely, but prefers to twist the tuning pegs - much to the horror of his proper guitar playing big bro!

Don't get rid of the the brio yet! Even our 14 year old will "help" make tracks sometimes smile

losersaywhat Tue 08-Oct-13 07:29:03

Thanks for the freat bargains everyone.
I was just going to email Letterbox about my order from the 22nd sept but checked my emails and ive got a despatch email from Letterbox and from dpd for delivery today smile

losersaywhat Tue 08-Oct-13 07:30:23

[Blush] wrong thread smile

vix206 Tue 08-Oct-13 07:59:08

The road map rug idea is a really good one. My DS has one and he plays with it constantly!

fuzzpig Tue 08-Oct-13 10:02:41

DS has asked for an aeroplane, a robot and some scissors, so I've not got an awful lot to work on...

Are you going to get these things BTW?

ELC do a little set of toddler friendly scissors that have interchangeable blades so you can cut zigzags. Maybe you could get a bunch of paper to cut with it?

fuzzpig Tue 08-Oct-13 10:04:52

BTW we managed the playmobil castle in a couple of hours on Xmas eve (while drinking baileys) despite my colleagues calling me mad for leaving it so late! It was fun though.

Really looking forward to building the pyramid this year.

ziggiestardust Tue 08-Oct-13 12:55:00

fuzz I have got him the playmobil helicopter, so I'm hoping that counts as an aeroplane? Well, it flies. That's a start. The robot I haven't really thought about, but I was going to look for some scissors that you cut patterns with; I used to have a set when I was a little girl. Like one set did zig zags, another one did waves etc. Not sure where to start looking though, as my mum got mine from C&A or Woolworths or something back in the 80's...

fuzzpig Tue 08-Oct-13 13:41:25
fuzzpig Tue 08-Oct-13 13:42:54

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now