Santa clause is coming book

(19 Posts)
tanya1312 Sun 06-Oct-13 15:44:59

Has anyone brought the 'Santa clause is coming to (insert your home town) book available on amazon and whsmiths.

If so how good are they?

Isildur Sun 06-Oct-13 15:49:38

They are fabulous!

Ours has loads of little local towns and landmarks mentioned, and the illustrations are amazingly appropriate. Even my non-reading toddler will recognise that it's 'home'.

I'm planning on reading it on Christmas Eve, or at some point during Advent.

tanya1312 Sun 06-Oct-13 15:52:10

Thank you for replying think ill nip whsmiths tmw see if they have it in stock

curiousgeorgie Sun 06-Oct-13 23:25:24

I'm looking for this on amazon but can't find it... Can you do a link if possible? Sounds great!!

Littlemousewithcloggson Sun 06-Oct-13 23:39:14

If you type in
Santa is coming to
In books on amazon it brings up the whole list available.
Nice book, we bought one.

May09Bump Sun 06-Oct-13 23:41:22

yep - there is also a colouring London one which is very cute, I think better quality too.

Boo they don't have my home town, but so have my county, wonder if ds would recognise enough places?

Patchouli Fri 25-Oct-13 22:22:45

I was thinking about that too - the county one.
I wonder what the 'Santa Claus is coming to my House' one is like. It'd be nice if there were options to send our own landmark names.

I risked it and bought the Santa Claus is Coming to Lancashire book. It's lovely smile it mentions our home town/ next door city at least 4 times as well as other places that ds would recognise like Blackpool. I'm very pleased with it smile

notso Fri 25-Oct-13 22:28:33

I wasn't going to get one as I thought it was too general, regional rather than our Town. However I saw it in Smiths and our Town gets loads of mentions, as do places we have been with the DC so I got it.

ragdollismyname Fri 25-Oct-13 22:56:56

Olibeans can I ask, does the Lancashire book mention Bury? Have been looking at it on Amazon but really don't want to buy it if we don't get a mention! TIA

PamSco Fri 25-Oct-13 23:52:02

I got mine from Welly Bob through Amazon - LOVE it. |I'd say about 25% town specific but funny specific not the obvious stuff.

LentilAsAnyFUCKERthing Sat 26-Oct-13 00:12:59

I saw ones in a local shop for our town, so I was able to have a quick flick. I liked it until it started mentioning some children's names in the text, and I felt it would have been much better not to have done this, it spoilt it completely for me.

ragdoll I'm not sure! but I'll have a look when dh is up ( presents are hidden in our room and he won't appreciate me crashing around at this time of day!) and report back...

Barbeasty Sat 26-Oct-13 08:49:48

The Book People rep brought the Bristol one into the office yesterday, so I assume they have them too. It looked quite good.

WaitMonkey Sat 26-Oct-13 09:21:17

We got one last year. and think they are really good.

ragdollismyname Sat 26-Oct-13 15:37:48

Thanks olibeans. Hope it does. I like the idea of it.

ragdollismyname Sat 26-Oct-13 15:37:57

Thanks olibeans. Hope it does. I like the idea of it.

AChristmassyJerseySpud Sat 26-Oct-13 15:42:46

Our version is lousy.

Its

Santa comes to the Channel Islands.

So we have to share it with Guernsey, Alderny, Sark and Herm.

So am not bothering lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now