Bum , just realised tesco no longer does Christmas double up for toys

(13 Posts)
nextphase Mon 07-Oct-13 15:59:29

it IS clubcard exchange, except on a small number of departments, it runs all year round, and re-branded as clubcard boost!
Hopefully, come Christmas etc, they will expand the departments to include e.g. toys.

bymoonlight Mon 07-Oct-13 12:30:59

I can't make head nor tail of the boost.

How does it work?
How is it different to the clubcard exchange?

WaitMonkey Mon 07-Oct-13 09:08:25

Hope so. Have so many vouchers saved and I'm itching to spend them. smile

jamtoast12 Sun 06-Oct-13 19:46:52

Its only at certain times for toys...its never been all year round. Likely in nov when the next vouchers come though.

ValiumQueen Sun 06-Oct-13 10:32:11

They will do something with toys and points near Christmas as it would be so bad for business if they did not.

ZippityDoodahday Sun 06-Oct-13 09:22:40

It's says in their Xmas catalogue to look out for added departments to the clubcard boost.

fuzzpig Sun 06-Oct-13 09:21:00

I do seem to remember that it's seasonal so hopefully the toys thing will kick in nearer the time smile

Hope I've got it wrong then. Boost seems to only be on clothing, food, household. Definitely not on toys at the moment. Maybe they will add toys nearer the time. Apologies if I've worried anyone, hopefully I'm wrong.

WaitMonkey Sun 06-Oct-13 08:53:11

Really ? I've been waiting for them to double up. Was going to start a thread about it the other day, but forgot. Does anyone know if this is fact ? sad

nextphase Sun 06-Oct-13 08:31:28

They have changed the name to "Clubcard boost", and some departments are now available all year round on this system (baby and toddler is the only one I know)

There were hints that they might do extra boosting in different departments at particular times of the year, but I'm not sure when / what departments.

Yes, you can still do food / days /subscriptions etc

phoebechicken Sun 06-Oct-13 08:25:52

Don't they only start it to coincide with the next run of Clubcard vouchers, which I think happens in November? I hope they haven't stopped it :/

fuzzpig Sun 06-Oct-13 08:25:52

Oh no. We've been saving our clubcard points for over a year since we starting shopping with them. Can you still double up for days out and such? I've never actually spent points before.

Not too bothered I guess, I get a lot on amazon anyway but also am trying to support smaller shops this year.

Still, that's not good if people have been saving all year for this purpose.

Am I right? Exploring the clubcard website and it looks like you can't double up for toys. I was planning to get the dcs' main presents with vouchers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now