Christmas Eve/1st December hamper

(33 Posts)
VikingVagine Sat 05-Oct-13 21:26:05

Don't think there's been a thread yet this year.

I want to do a pre-Christmas hamper. Last year the elf arrived with it on the first day of December.

It contained:

A letter from father Xmas about the elf spying visiting
New PJs, slippers and dressing gowns
A lush bath bomb
Snowman soup
A DVD
A cuddly toy

What are your ideas this year?

HeyJudith Mon 14-Oct-13 00:29:43

Ah, but if you keep the letters to Santa instead of sending them off on a helium balloon, they make great future reading!
We are keeping ours (verrry well hidden!) so we can read what the DCs wanted when they were 3, 4, 5,6... and so on, when they are all grown smile

TyrannosaurusBex Wed 16-Oct-13 15:28:32

Loving the idea of a 1st December hamper, I'm going to put paper chain making kits, hot choc, candy canes, a few new tree decorations and Christmas DVDS and CDs in mine, along with the elf. I'd buy it all anyway blush so might as well get some extra mileage out of it. Christmas Eve will be PJs, slippers, Snowman Soup, a Christmassy bedtime book and marshmallows for toasting. DC will love it, DH will be hmm but he likes it really.

VikingVagine Wed 16-Oct-13 18:27:40

I'm templates to get 11yo DS a onsie to put in the hamper, not sure if he'll never speak to me again or love me forever though!

VikingVagine Wed 16-Oct-13 18:31:27

Tempted not templates.

VikingVagine Sat 19-Oct-13 17:55:22

Anyone looking to buy a cheap elf, Ikea have some really lovely ones in huh emir soft toy section.

Marne Sat 19-Oct-13 18:21:56

Last year we did,

New pj's
A book
And the Christmas build a bears ( had trouble getting them online but they were £10 each so a bargain ).

Not sure what we are doing this year, maybe Christmas pj's and a DVD ( unless I end up buying the build a bears again ).

MamaBear17 Sat 19-Oct-13 18:25:48

I bought a snowman box from Dunhelm today which is the perfect size for a hamper box, it was £3.50 x

cambridgemum2 Wed 30-Oct-13 20:06:38

I love the helium balloon idea for Santa's letter. I got an elf from The Elf Company which comes wrapped in a really cute little bag. I'm going to tuck him, in his bag in amongst some new Pjs and elf themed dvds with some sachets of hot chocolate and marshmallows!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now