Don't judge PLEASE we want to buy a tablet for child for Christmas... he is 10 which one??

(34 Posts)
NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 04-Oct-13 08:58:59

the children's one seem too babyish
the adult ones are v expensive

any tips or idea;s

thanks

I dont even have an Ipad! (kids have samsung galaxy tablets)

curiousgeorgie Sun 06-Oct-13 21:08:38

I think you could get an older iPad pretty cheaply... My grandparents wanted one but didn't want to pay iPad prices and ended up paying about 150 I think...

My DH & I have an iPad each and DD (2) plays with them so much (and so well!! I'm shocked) that my parents are probably going to get her an iPad mini for Christmas when she'll be three.

The two schools we're interested in both allow the children to have an iPad and take it in / store it at school for some lessons, so it'll be useful.

derektheladyhamster Tue 08-Oct-13 12:30:06

just bought this for 79 for my 13 yr old. It dropped £20 yesterday and I can see it going any lower. Has good reviews

derektheladyhamster Tue 08-Oct-13 12:30:23

sorry, can't see it going any lower

magichamster Tue 08-Oct-13 12:37:58

My dc's (8 and 11) have kindles fires and they are fine for what they use them for. Which ever one you get, I would recommend a decent case

For the poster who said most of a 6yo class had iPads, a lot of people refer to any tablet as an iPad, they may also have been refering to the family iPad, or it's just wishful thinking!

ThreeMyselfAndI Tue 08-Oct-13 13:07:11

the Samsung galaxy tabs are fantastic and run off android meaning more and better apps than ipads. we have bought dd 1&2 one each after speaking to several shops all of which recommend them over ipads due to the technology in them. I must admit after having a wee shot on them to check they were ok I am very impressed with them, a few friends are now switching from ipad to Samsung too.

ThreeMyselfAndI Tue 08-Oct-13 13:09:08

ment too add they also have a player that supports omline movies, ipad doesn't have the player in them.

Paleodad Tue 08-Oct-13 13:13:28

For under £50 i don't think you can wrong with something like this
Will probably be buying one (or something similar) for DD

saythatagain Tue 08-Oct-13 14:36:34

We've bought dd (9) the Samsung Galaxy 2 tablet as they're bringing out version 3 so the price has dropped.
I should say, that all that ^ means diddly sqaut to me; it is dh who knows all about gadget in this household.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now